X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 12 - Airplane

Day 13 - The Green Mile

Comment

I forgot on Day 9, Car Chase, how ace the one in Armour of God is!
      That jump at 3:20! The people diving out of the way of an upturned jeep sliding down steps!

Comment

Day 12: Passenger 57

Day13: Can't say I've read many books that are films. One that springs to mind is Silence of the lambs. The book is great, but the film distills it down and makes it tighter I think.

Comment

Day 13 - The Godfather

Comment

Day 13 - Matilda.

I loved Roald Dahl as a kid but Matilda I did not read until much later than the other ones, maybe not long before the film came out and despite it being good it was not one of my favorites (BFG was a big part of my childhood)

Usually I complain and shake my head critically about very British book being adapted heavily to the american market but the film Matilda got the main plot and characters bang on with an american twang. I love that film, its fun and a bit of a cult classic now and made much more quoteable than from the book.
            Last edited by Blobcat; 13-07-2020, 17:28.

Comment

Day 13

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Day 14

Waterworld (assuming people still dislike it) (although I don't 'love' it...)

Day 15

All Fast and Furious (assuming people still love this stale pish)

Comment

Day 14 - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
                Not love but despite some genuinely bad moments the film is nowhere near as bad as is made out.

Comment

Day 14 - A film you love , but everyone else dislikes

Probably Matrix Reloaded, judging by the number of times I feel I have to defend it on here!

Comment

Day 14 - Crystal Skull is a great shout. I really enjoyed it at the pics. It's the Metal Slug 3 of Indy. I'll go with this too.

As for Day 15 ... well, the Fast & Furious films were a great shout too. They aren't terrible ... I like car chases and mindless actioners as much as the next guy ... but they're also cringy cheesathons and I can never quite get on board with. But my choice for Day 15 is ...

Day 15 - Avengers Assemble. Thought it was pretty dull and average (peeps on here thought I was trolling or being a wind-up merchant when I shared my thoughts after an early screening). The characters just don't sit comfortably together for me. They're shoe-horned together. Hemsworth and Hiddleston were truly awful too. Didn't like it at all. And I really like Joss Whedon.

Comment

Day 14:

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Everyone I know hates this film.

Day 15:

Ferris Bueller
                      Why this film is liked I'll never know.
                      Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 14-07-2020, 12:02.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Day 14 - A film you love , but everyone else dislikes

Probably Matrix Reloaded, judging by the number of times I feel I have to defend it on here!
                        I'm gunna 'nerd out' for a moment. Since you like the Matrix like I do, I found something years ago that is worth a read. It's an essay explaining some of the themes and ideas in the Matrix. I don't prescribe to all of it, but some of it is too good not to be right.
                        He did one for Revolutions too.

Comment

Day 15 - So, So Many
                          Feels like there's a few of these every year. La La Land was rubbish, Interstellar was overrated etc but the biggest beloved films that I've never clicked with would be a list that at some point contained It's a Wonderful Life, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Sound of Music and A Clockwork Orange.

Comment

Day 15 - A movie you don't like that everyone else does.

Everyone seems to love Looper, but I think it has some good ideas, but delivered with more plot holes that a Swiss cheese delivery van.

Comment

Day 16 - The Empire Strikes Back

Hope the original theatrical version gets a release one day.

Comment

Day 16 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
                                Get lost Raiders lovers, LC is the king and hasn't aged one iota from my first viewing to my last

Comment

Working...
                                X