The 30 Day Movie Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 22 - Spielberg
    I'm not that bothered as to Director's and who made the films I like but Spielberg has probably made the most in terms of number so anything from him really.

Comment

Day 22 - A movie by your favourite director

Ooof. I could go with Sam Raimi or maybe Sammo Hung or Gareth Evans for action.
      I have a lot of love for Edgar Wright too.
      Or Kubrick or Wells or The Wachowskis!

Spielberg is up there, deffo.

Looking at my film collection and films I've bought on the strength of the director it has to be:
      John Carpenter .

Comment

Loving Spielberg and Carpenter ... their films have given me so much pleasure.

But I'd have to go with ...

Day 22 - Hitchcock

Comment

Heh! As soon as I posted I remembered Hitchcock!
          I still need to see more of his films, though.

My friend said Tarantino, which is also a great shout.

Comment

Day 22:
            Spielberg. Has to be really. If you ask anyone to make a top 10 list of films I guarantee at least 1 Spielberg film is in the list.

Honorable mention - Jim Cameron. Crazy bastard. Watch the making of the Abyss or Titanic; the effort and detail he puts in!

Comment

Day 23:

Leo Dicaprio is probably my favourite actor so Wolf of Wall Street.
              Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 23-07-2020, 21:31.

Comment

Day 23 - Jingle All The Way
                I know I shouldn't love Arnie so much but he's so god damned entertaining and though this film is pretty rubbish I just wanted to use a chance to say 'Put da Cookie down!'

Comment

Day 23 - There Will Be Blood

I don't think anyone commands the screen like Daniel Day-Lewis and I think this is his best performance.
                  Last edited by Atticus; 24-07-2020, 13:53.

Comment

Favourite animated film is a tough one ... so many to choose from ... but I think I'll go for

Day 24 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Blew me away at the cinema. Felt like a massive leap forward for animation. It was funny, stylish, thoroughly entertaining. Loved it. Sorry Akira. Sorry Snow White. Etc

Comment

Day 24:

Perfect Blue.

Comment

Day 23: Tom Cruise has had a really good run of late. Not sure he's my fave, though.
                        Day 24: Akira

Comment

Missed a few days but I'll dip back to 25 and three films I'd recommend.

Trancers
                          F/X
                          F/X 2

Comment

Day 24 - The Lion King
                            Simply the best as Tina would say

Day 25 - Back to the Future
                            Though I'd be technically recommending three films

Day 26 - The Crying Game
                            There's a few major twists in films but I genuinely didn't see that one before it happened and completely spun out the direction of the story.

Day 27 - Last Action Hero
                            "You want to be a farmer? Well, here's a couple of acres for you"

Comment

Day 25 - A Film you'd recommend to anyone
                              Probably Toy Story. It's got something for everyone in there.

Day 26 - Best plot twist
                              M. Night Shyamalan had a good run with twists for a while. Recently, I was surprised by the twist in Hereditary as it's not like how you expect the film to go based on the trailer.

Okay, so I was a write for the student newspaper at uni and I was asked to go to a press preview of the new film with Quentin Tarantino film. Didn't know anything else other than Robert "Mariachi" Directed it and dreamboat George Clooney was in it.
                              It starts off a fairly mundane kidnap movie with a good selection of stars in it until they hide out at the Titty Twister bar in Mexico.
                              As they're enjoying an exotic snake dance, the stripper incredulously turns into a vampire and the whole place descends into a bloodbath as the patrons are slaughtered.
                              It's such a change from the hour of story before, I thought it was a dream sequence, but it kept going and going until I realised that was actually the story!
                              I think it's no longer a secret what it's about, but seeing this bat**** insane movie with no prior knowledge in a quiet Newcastle cinema was a really memorable experience.

Day 27 - Favourite line
                              Enter the Dragon? Aliens? Army of Darkness? Where do you go?!
                              I'll have a think.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Day 26 - The Crying Game
                                There's a few major twists in films but I genuinely didn't see that one before it happened and completely spun out the direction of the story.
                                I remember the Naked Gun films had some crazy credits with some jokes snuck into them and one of them said "The secret of The Crying Game: She is SPOILER" and it made no sense at the time. Years later, it was on telly and I remember hearing it was a good film, and being shocked really early on with what happens with Forest Whitaker's character and thinking "that was quite a twist" and had a flashback to those credits!
                                So I knew what was happening, however, we had a laugh at school the next day when our mate confessed he was "enjoying" the strip scene...

Comment

Working...
                                X