The 30 Day Movie Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 9:

You'd struggling to beat the highway chase in Matrix Reloaded.
    Also Ronin.

Comment

Yeah sorry, thanks for picking up my slack!

Day 9: Movie with the best car chase.

Glad to hear you're a Matrix/Reloaded fan, [MENTION=16707]Cassius_Smoke[/MENTION]!

That Freeway Chase is up there for me too.

The Bourne Identity is pretty sweet, as is the start of Baby Driver.

Probably going with a Bond film.
      The Golden Gun's spiral loop jump is amazing, but I'm going to go with

The Spy Who Loved Me
      The Lotus looks amazing weaving between trucks on narrow mountain roads whilst dodging attacks from a helicopter, with that amazing change into a submarine.

Comment

Can we choose something animated with action and comedy?

When I think of best animated chase scenes I think of the amazing car chase in the anime Gunsmith Cats.
        As that is not a movie I instead choose the hilarious chase scene in Lupin III The Fuma Conspiracy.

Sorry no subtitles

Comment

Does 'car' chase include war rigs? Maybe Mad Max Fury Road for that one. Great shouts above though.

Day 10 - Movie that scared you the most - The Exorcist
          I saw this at a friend's house when I was 16 or 17 and I was still too young. I'd seen loads of horror films by that time but nothing scared me like this. Number 3 comes pretty close too.

Comment

There are so many for this but let's be real, the only real answer is:

Day 09 - Mad Max: Fury Road

The vast majority of the film is the cast being chased by the bad guys and its absolutely glorious.

Day 10 - None

Well, not none as there are severla horror films with a tense tone that I consider successful at building and maintaining suspense and a sense of horror, but it's a genre with a limit for me and so I don't have a particular film that stands out.
            Last edited by Neon Ignition; 10-07-2020, 08:24.

Comment

Day 09

Also ran's:
              Blues Brothers
              Gone in 60 seconds
              Ronin
              the Junkman
              To live and die in LA
              Drive
              Smokey in the bandit
              Bullit

but will go with The Italian Job

Comment

Day 10:

The Exorcist is a good shout.
                Most of David Lynch films have some ****ed up parts. Inland Empire is pretty creepy all the way through.
                Honorable mention to Sinister having the biggest jump scare.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Most of David Lynch films have some ****ed up parts.
                  Definitely ... FWWM is super scary

Comment

Day 10 has to be The Ring (Ringu).
                    Watched it with a couple of mates and apart from the start, it's a pretty tame Scooby Doo mystery.

Then the ending. We didn't know it was coming, so we were shouting at the telly. Great moment!

Comment

Day 9

Bullitt

Day 10

An American Werewolf in London. Just that transformation scene. Was 5 or so when I first saw it, I had a similar MM toy, freaked me out for a few nights' sleep!

Comment

Day 11

Soooo many.

Halloween.

Day 12

We should all fly less (imo, those of us that fly obvs.) so Crash (1978).

Comment

Day 11 - The Lion King
                          Brilliant on both songs and orchestral sides - not the remake though with its terrible additions and butchered covers

Comment

Day 11:

The Lion King also. I mean you have Tim Rice, Elton John and Hanz Zimmer working on the soundtrack.

Comment

Day 11 - Taxi Driver

My top 5 would probably be Bernard Herrmann scores but the music in Taxi Driver is such a big and perfect part of the film.

Comment

Day 11 - Best soundtrack
                                Day 12 - Best film to watch on a flight
                                Day 13 - Film better than the book

11 - It specifically says "soundtrack" not "score", so I'm looking at a collection of songs that improve the movie. You can't really fault most Tarantino soundtracks, especially Pulp Fiction.
                                Stuff like Judgement Night, Singles and Spawn have good soundtracks, but don't feel like they enhance the film (IMHO).

Trainspotting is another good shout with the songs being a vital part of the film.

12 - It always makes me laugh when I've seen something like Gravity in 3D at the IMAX and people watch it on tiny plane screen in chunks and complain it wasn't very good.
                                I'd been on a flight and was watching Chasing Amy, but they were coming in to land and had to turn off the entertainment system.
                                I didn't get to see the end and I was gutted! So I guess my choice is this as it made the flight fly by (pun intended).

13 - I'm lucky enough to be able to enjoy films and books, rather than those "The book was better" bores. I recently mentioned the Ready Player One book could fit in a lot more character development than a 2 hour film, but a book can't compete with the experience of that opening race sequence.

I thought The Bourne Supremacy was a poor book, but the film made him a mute Terminator and wins the Alien 3 award for undoing all the good work of the previous film. I stopped reading Hannibal as I knew it would be a lot more tense as she went back to where Lecter had been held.

I though "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" was really poor and a bit directionless with talk of robot frogs at the end.
                                I've not read Jaws, but how can it compete?! Same for Spielberg's Jurassic Park.
                                The Andromeda Strain is definitely more thrilling in film form, but still worth reading as it's an interesting format with pics of documents and notes.
                                Shawshank is a bit light in the novella, but the film is a classic, same with King's Stand By Me (The Body).
                                Die Hard is a pretty average book (it's his daughter, not wife, held hostage).

I'm going with Blade Runner as the film is still influencing modern culture to this day.

Comment

Working...
                                X