Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    ^Leon, you NEED to play it, me old pal.
    As good as WCW vs. nWo was I'd recommend WWF No Mercy the most, as it's the most recent entry and comes with tons of modes/options, including by far the best character creation mode going. You can easily recreate any wrestler from any era with it and fully customise their moveset. I had WCW, ECW, NJPW and classic WWF wrestlers on mine. I even had Zangief and Big Bear. If you're a fan there's no reason why you couldn't create the modern WWE crowd.

You have to go with the NTSC copies of these games, though. They are way, way faster. There's no going back to the sluggish PAL versions afterwards.

Comment

^oh, no doubt, I think it was the fact me and our kid proper caned WCWvNWO for a good two/three years and when we got No Mercy, as good, as BETTER though it is...we ended up not really playing it much at all as we were so damn used to the former!

Same thing happened with PERFECT DARK. We'd caned GOLDENEYE so much we couldn't gel with the BETTER game. Very weird. Very strange. Got used to them like old slippers.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        ^oh, no doubt, I think it was the fact me and our kid proper caned WCWvNWO for a good two/three years and when we got No Mercy, as good, as BETTER though it is...we ended up not really playing it much at all as we were so damn used to the former!

Same thing happened with PERFECT DARK. We'd caned GOLDENEYE so much we couldn't gel with the BETTER game. Very weird. Very strange. Got used to them like old slippers.
        My best friend and I had the same problem with Perfect Dark, but I think thats more down to goldeneye being a simpler game which made it much more fun to play without it getting old. Perfect Dark was technically the better game but it had way too many different options and the weapons were confusing with the alt firing modes. Goldeneye was way more simplistic in comparison but better in terms of multiplayer.

Comment

^it was the weaponry in Goldeneye, too. The silenced pistol felt sleeker and more 'silenced' to use. And I recall the blood effect in WCW felt more fun n' satisfying when it eventually happened.

I'm pretty sure if I played PD or No Mercy first, I would've preferred them over what I actually eventually ended up preferring!

Comment

Just turn the new weapons off then and drip-feed them in! You can even unlock all the old Goldeneye weapons. That took a bit of doing, though. On top of that the classic bulky GE reticule is also an unlockable.

You both missed out. With a little extra perseverence you strike absolute gold.

Admittedly the first thing we just had to tweak were the glowing/highlighted weapon and ammo pickups. They looked absolutely terrible. They were turned off after the first round after me repeatedly shouting "You'd better be able to ****ing turn this ****ty highlight off!!1".

Funilly enough that's exactly the first thing I did upon booting up DOOM (2016) for the first time, too - those lousy neon killmove trigger outlines on the enemies. Like the stagger animations aren't enough in getting the point across.

Comment

Working...
            X