The Nintendo 64 has aged surprisingly well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    It's funny how Nintendo & RARE games look much nicer than third party titles. Was there really a secret 'microcode' that Nintendo kept to themselves?
    In a way, yes, Factor 5 also figured it out and rewrote it for the Star Wars games they did.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      In a way, yes, Factor 5 also figured it out and rewrote it for the Star Wars games they did.

I remember thinking Factor 5 knew how to get a lot out of the N64, so now I know what helped them.

Comment

Yeah, those Star Wars games were excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Still think this is the best music on the N64

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I agree.
            PD Music score was ace too, RARE were pie hot on the N64

Comment

I'd only really wanna go back for WCW VS NWO REVENGE. A bulky console with a bulky game, a perfect accompaniment. Fighting somehow worked and felt great with the (bulky) N64 pads.

Sadly, too much ugly guff on the machine. But it was SOLID.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                I'd only really wanna go back for WCW VS NWO REVENGE. A bulky console with a bulky game, a perfect accompaniment. Fighting somehow worked and felt great with the (bulky) N64 pads.

Sadly, too much ugly guff on the machine. But it was SOLID.
                Yeah, that game was AMAZING.

I didn't like wrestling. Used to love it as a little kid but never really got into it as an adult. However, back then, I went to my local indie, and was looking for something to get; the guy at the shop really pushed that game on me, said he'd refund it if I brought it back, but knew I wouldn't.

Got the lads round for a few beers and put that on, and honestly, we were still playing it at 4am. Just could not put it down.

Comment

I've noticed lots of American gamers mention how great that N64 wrestling game was.

The main wrestling game that really appealed to me was WrestleFest in the arcades. Although, I did have Wrestle War for the Mega Drive and played it quite a bit. I also had Super Wrestlemania for the SNES, which I absolutely hated.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-07-2020, 23:33.

Comment

^Leon, you NEED to play it, me old pal.

Comment

Think of a world that's already goin wrong then add summat RIGHT into the mix, like THIS.

That's what it IS.

Comment

Think of a world that's already goin wrong then add summat RIGHT into the mix, like THIS.

I'll give it a go.

Comment

Lol. Jim Beam, I apologise.

But absolutely true, nonetheless!!!

Comment

I'd only really wanna go back for WCW .
                            Great game and at the time WCW was so mich better than WWF/WE. That said I just liked the sprite-based wrestle games more and thought that Fire Pro Wrestling series on the Saturn/PS was better

Comment

The AKI Corporation/THQ wrestling games on N64 were unquestionably excellent. I strongly doubt they've aged well at all but back then they were easy to play for hours on end, either solo or multiplayer, due to excellent depth in gameplay and features.

Comment

Rumour has it, the AEW game will be using the engine. I really hope that's true.

Comment

Working...
                                X