Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You absolute bastard...

Comment

lol you know you want it, i'm curious if that coin slot actually works as in you place a coin in and a credit gets added to your game. Failing that it will make a quirky money box.

Comment

I'm guessing not from the blurb.
        Also, it's not very stable.

"We have gathered up accessories such as base parts and game center chairs so that you can enjoy the appearance of the enclosure installed at the game center at home. You can easily attach and remove the "Astrocity Mini" on the "Game Center Style Kit" without the need for adhesive, and just slide it in one step.
        There is a coin slot in the base, and you can store coins as a savings box. The attached instruction sticker can be attached to the top board. If you connect the control pad, you can play in the style of a game center. (When operating the main body, please remove it for stability)"

1. "appearance"
        2. "you can store coins as a savings box
        3. "When operating the main body, remove it for stability"

Comment

Or maybe you want to get one of the many special bundles sold from various stores the official sega store has this one with a set of tokens and a floor mat to totally pimp it out as well as a sega ashtray & instruction cards for giggles

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I'm guessing not from the blurb.
            Also, it's not very stable.

"We have gathered up accessories such as base parts and game center chairs so that you can enjoy the appearance of the enclosure installed at the game center at home. You can easily attach and remove the "Astrocity Mini" on the "Game Center Style Kit" without the need for adhesive, and just slide it in one step.
            There is a coin slot in the base, and you can store coins as a savings box. The attached instruction sticker can be attached to the top board. If you connect the control pad, you can play in the style of a game center. (When operating the main body, please remove it for stability)"

1. "appearance"
            2. "you can store coins as a savings box
            3. "When operating the main body, remove it for stability"
            the more you fill that bottom with coins the more stable it will get

Comment

I badly want a red Taito ashtray now.

Comment

That base part sadly makes me want to put my preorder back in again.

Comment

Need one of those VF1 Figmas sat on the stool for full meta

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    That base part sadly makes me want to put my preorder back in again.
                    Without even clicking into the thread, when I saw you'd posted, I knew what you'd be saying!

Looks great with a base and I was telling myself I don't want one as it looks daft as there isn't a base...

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Had no idea that was even a thing did a little searching in japanese, found the thing on the official site

ゲーセンの熱狂が、この一台でよみがえる。90年代にゲームセンターを風靡した伝説のセガ・アーケード筐体「アストロシティ」を6分の1のサイズで忠実再現! 「バーチャファイター」をはじめ、セガのアーケードゲームの 名作・佳作そして幻の作品などのタイトルを数多く収録。

aaaand the link on amazon japan if anyone wants to preorder one
                      https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BB%E...8016411&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Without even clicking into the thread, when I saw you'd posted, I knew what you'd be saying!

Looks great with a base and I was telling myself I don't want one as it looks daft as there isn't a base...
                        [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION] has been trying to help me with getting an Astro for in the shop, this may well be as close as I can get.

Comment

Keep persuing the real deal.

I'd have had a cabinet sorted before even opening the doors.

Comment

The beer seemed like the most important thing to buy for a beer shop Dave, so I went with that, rookie mistake.

Comment

I dread to think how much a real astro & all the boards sega are gonna shove in this thing would cost. I don't know why these mini things push all my buttons but i really like them. I'm probably in the minority but i'm enjoying seeing Sega indulge their fun quirky side with things like this and the GG micro. Never expected Sega do do an arcade machine mini, lol whats next one of their ufo catcher machines? hehe.

Comment

Working...
                              X