Astro City Mini announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astro City Mini announced

SEGA Japan (more specifically their SEGA Toys subsidiary) are back on the micro console hype train with their latest effort – the Astro City Mini. This mini arcade cabinet features 36 SEGA ar…

Similar to the neo geo mini (hopefully with better emulation) can play on the cab itself or on a TV via HDMI with the option of plugging in two controllers. 10 games out of 36 announced so far, big one being Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder

Titles announced so far:

- Alien Syndrome
    – Alien Storm
    – Golden Axe
    – Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder
    – Columns II
    – Dark Edge
    – Tant R
    – Virtua Fighter
    – Fantasy Zone
    – Altered Beast

WANT! Astro City is my dream cab that I will never own, but I am going to make an effort to get this! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Please don’t be ****.
      Please don’t be ****.
      Please don’t be ****.
      Please don’t be ****.
      Please don’t be ****.

Comment

That looks schweeet!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Please don’t be ****.
          Please don’t be ****.
          Please don’t be ****.
          Please don’t be ****.
          Please don’t be ****.
          It probably will be ****.

Comment

Looks nice and a variety of systems in there too. Curious to see what Dark Edge is like to play. Go to be a long wait for this to be released.

Comment

This will be for Japan only right?

Imagine a mini cab with a steering wheel!
              Last edited by hudson; 07-07-2020, 09:05.

Comment

Waiting to see what other titles are confirmed for this.

There's a small bit of potential here but it's pointless if it's going to include more of the same play-it-safe Sega titles IMO.

Comment

Yeah, but what an awesome desk toy that would be. My missus got the boba fett Lego head for her desk. I need this for mine!

Comment

I've been somewhat hoping that the mini-things would get worse so that I could stop buying multiple versions of every single one, but that's not what's happened here. Bollocks.

Comment

Awesome , but really wanted a full sized Astro Arcade Stick, hopefully that will come along one day , if this takes off

So nice to have Revenge of Death Adder in the home at last

Comment

Imagine you were the kid you was way back in your swimming baths playing an arcade. Come away wishing you could stay there all day and then someone from the future showed you this lol.

Comment

Neat looking arcade actually my fave arcade design but that games list leaves a lot to be desired hopefully some more games will be announced.

Comment

It looks awfully close to Multi Game System's design who did one last year.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              It looks awfully close to Multi Game System's design who did one last year.
                              Am I right in thinking that it's just the one prototype the guy 3D printed?

Comment

Working...
                              X