No announcement yet.

Astro City Mini announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its on the bottom there’s a circular plug you twist to open to get at the coins has a little slot in it so you can use a coin to open it

Comment

Thanks. That makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
        Thanks. That makes sense
        There you go that's what the bottom looks like.

Been thinking i could probably mod this bottom piece to include a power bank so i could make it work without having to plug it in. The back has a few spaces where you could drill a neat hole for a usb cable to come out to power the mini and a neat little hole to insert a cable to charge the actual power bank. The top of the unit that you slot the mini onto actually has screws on so i think you can take the top off to get inside without wrecking it. Would need to be a reasonably small power bank in size to pull it off but it would look pretty neat to mod a bottom unit. I may end up buying a spare at some point. Also would be nice to paint in the little details like the hinges and locks on the front in silver to properly detail the thing.
        Last edited by importaku; 03-01-2021, 18:38.

Comment

Octagonal restrictor gate arrived today so i opened up my arcade stick and swapped the square plate out as i didn't like how it felt as it made playing even stuff like pacman sloppy as the stick has nothing to lock into in the cardinal directions. Feels way better with all 8 directions now having registration points. A simple 5 second job to pop out the old one.

Comment

I still haven't tried the stick, but I used the little pad over the weekend and it's a great little pad. The d-pad is basically a good Saturn one. Games are a bit of a mixed bag. Rad Mobile looks great but is a bit dull and randomly hard in places (partly because of the graphics). Loving Revenge of Death Adder.
            Last edited by endo; 11-01-2021, 11:05.

Comment

death adder is definitely a step up from the original golden axe, i actually found death adder fun unlike the previous game. Eswat i blasted my way through although it is a bit meh but i completed it at least, really like quartet as well the music is fantastic in that one. So far there are genres like the side scrolling beatemup that i'm not a huge fan of but i find myself playing them and actually having fun.

Wonderboy in monster land is kicking my ass man it's brutally hard the trash length sword you start out with combined with the timer threatening to rob your health bar and the fact gold doesn't respawn constantly from killing enemies is making the aracde version quite a challenge but i still love that game, thank god for save states as even the home versions were pretty long it's crazy that they made this in the arcades too. You'd be there all damn day lol.

Comment

I was thinking on purchasing one of these from Amazon Japan. Do you still get screwed for import duties etc into the UK or do you pay that directly to Amazon at checkout?

Its just that it says 2,300 Yen, for shipping handling, which seems a bit low if that includes import duties etc.
                Last edited by SUMIRE; 11-01-2021, 14:12.

Comment

You pay it there and then via Amazon and it's not too bad. Shipping is usually dead fast too.

Comment

Just got mine today, like someone else said, it only takes 3 days from Amazon Japan to the UK. I just bought the machine and the pad. I wanted the base, but they had sold out of them

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                      Just got mine today, like someone else said, it only takes 3 days from Amazon Japan to the UK. I just bought the machine and the pad. I wanted the base, but they had sold out of them
                      What was the Total cost for this order SUMIRE?

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                        What was the Total cost for this order SUMIRE?
                        Total came to £131.00 for the console and a pad.

Comment

I just thought I would say, not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I got one of those Mayflash Magic S Pros and it actually works with my Mad Katz TE2 Killer Instinct Joystick. I literally just plugged it in and it worked.

I also tried my Soul Calibur 6 Xbox 360 Joystick and that worked as well. Just make sure you have a lower profile width HDMI cable if you want to run it into your TV as some are to big to fit side by side with the device. I did mess around with my Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro and that didn't seem to work though, I need to try a few others things though, but it wasn't looking good.
                          Last edited by SUMIRE; 19-01-2021, 09:21.

Comment

I got around to trying out the mini joypad as it's the only thing i haven't opened. Man it's jammed in the box tight i nearly tore the cardboard getting it out. Really surprised how nice it feels it's pleasantly weighty and solid, and feels super comfy in the hands, the dpad feels really nice too. Sega did an excellent job on everything on this the only thing i can knock on it is that garbage scanline filter but everything else is solid.

Comment

Yeah, the pad’s lovely isn’t it? I know what you mean about it being packed in tight though. I tore the flap (!) getting it out.

Comment

Don't hear much chatter about this.
                                Looks amazing with a great list of games, but nobody seems to be playing it.

It's £130 on Funstock:

Comment

Working...
                                X