Astro City Mini announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Awesome , but really wanted a full sized Astro Arcade Stick, hopefully that will come along one day
    Yeah, I think the Capcom Home Arcade route might have been my preferred choice for this but I'll keep open minded.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Am I right in thinking that it's just the one prototype the guy 3D printed?
      Yeah, I don't think he mass produces it. I imagine he will make you something if you present enough cash to make it worth his while? There's some impressive stuff on there.

EDIT: I've only just noticed, at 8m30s into that video is a rotatable screen to support the shooters!
      Last edited by hudson; 07-07-2020, 11:21.

Comment

How intersting, I'm in.

Comment

He doesn't take orders he's a bit of a weird one, he bitched on facebook a while back that people should be donating money to him as he's showing people all these cool projects of his and he's getting nothing back for it. He rarely sells anything he makes but he wanted donations.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            He doesn't take orders he's a bit of a weird one, he bitched on facebook a while back that people should be donating money to him as he's showing people all these cool projects of his and he's getting nothing back for it. He rarely sells anything he makes but he wanted donations.
            He may secretly supply people who have mega bucks to spare with some of his projects. Yeah, he does seem to spit a dummy out once in a while. It's a nice page to follow though to make yourself jealous.

Comment

He's now posting how he did it first and how he's offended that sega didn't reach out to him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                He's now posting how he did it first and how he's offended that sega didn't reach out to him lol.
                Yeah, I mean it's their IP right?

They do look similar though. Especial those yellow coin/start buttuns.

Comment

will be interesting to see if these are actual arcade roms on it or just weird ports with the volume of games going to be on it i'm hoping there's least a handful i might be interested in as golden axe sure as hell isn't one of them.

Comment

I wonder what the other games will be in the 36 total games.

What one Sega game would you love to have on this?

Maybe I'd have something we were discussing that never got a decent home conversion.

Shadow Dancer, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Yeah, I think the Capcom Home Arcade route might have been my preferred choice for this but I'll keep open minded.
                      Hopefully like with SNK, SEGA brings out a Arcade stick ,if this takes off

Comment

I would love one of these in bartop size.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Hopefully like with SNK, SEGA brings out a Arcade stick ,if this takes off
                          The original article says "there are also 2 extra USB slots for additional joysticks which are going to be sold separately" so hopefully there will be.

Comment

I’d have preferred a stick also, I don’t like these mini tabletop things but at least it has TV out, so yes I am also in.

Comment

So what do we take from this paragraph? Arcade stick version or a plug into the mini cab stick? (Or both?)

--I understand from the information you provided that you will also be selling a dedicated controller for this game.

Shimokawa: Yes. We'll be releasing the arcade version of the Astro City Mini Arcade Stick and the Astro City Mini Arcade Stick. We're planning to release a control pad at the same time as the main unit. It's the first pad in Japan to be connected to Astro City, isn't it?

--The Arcade Stick will probably be a replica of Astro City's companion piece. What will the "control pad" look like? Are you planning to design it similar to the home Mega Drive pads?

Aochi: Yes, I agree. Fans are probably most familiar with the Megadrive's pads and So I'm going to use reliable parts and then make a good original one. Even in games like Virtua Fighter, the commands are easy to enter accurately and full of Sega love. We want to make it overflowing, so please stay tuned for this one, as well as the design.
                              Last edited by SuperDanX; 07-07-2020, 13:55.

Comment

This will sit nicely on top of an full size Astrocity cab...

Comment

Working...
                                X