Astro City Mini announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    but the arcade is better for that short-term hit and you're suited up in minutes.
    Massive sprites and lots of explosions make this a great choice for this mini arcade cab, IMHO.
    Unlike [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION], you get it!

Comment

To be fair, the arcade version has a decent gorilla boss.

Megadrive version has a lovely megenta city backdrop on the second stage.

Comment

It's pretty cool, so cool in fact it confirms how poor the Game Gear Mini was

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Welcome to Guess the Rest Sega Arcade Game Bingoooooo!

I'm going for

Bonanza Bros
          Shinobi
          WonderBoy
          WonderBoy in Monster Lair
          Dynamite Dux
          Gain Ground
          Flicky
          ESWAT (I don't want this - MD version much better)
          Zaxxon
          Quartet
          Scramble Spirits
          Puyo Puyo
          Riot City
          DD Crew
          SegaSonic The Hedgehog
          Fighting Vipers
          Virtua Tennis
          Virtua Striker
          Last Bronx
          If it has Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx on it that will get me on board (it also makes me lament that SEGA left these great fighters in the dust).

Comment

What is it with Sega releasing Tant-R on every single arcade compilation ever? It's as bad as their inexplicable obsession with the crummy Mega Drive port of Virtua Fighter.

Comment

I thought I read Sega attrocity, and things are so bad I wondered 'which one?'

Comment

Preorders live on amazon japan

Extra controller

You may or may not be able to order it direct you might have to use a middleman shipper
                Last edited by importaku; 08-07-2020, 07:16.

Comment

Eeeh, I'm gonna pass on this one.

This might seem weird but I'm kinda cold on it because it looks like an Astro City with the bottom cut off. Like if they were going to make an Astro City replica, I would've preferred the full thing - or, alternatively, a half-size version like those ones you can buy.

That being said, it Sega ports some of these games to Switch, I'll buy them. I would love an arcade-perfect VF1.

Comment

Preordered.

December 31st seems like a weird release date? It wouldn’t let me preorder a controller though for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Preordered.

December 31st seems like a weird release date? It wouldn’t let me preorder a controller though for some reason.
                      Thats just a placeholder, it will be out before then

Comment

Got an order in, wondering if this will be the one mini console to make it out of the box

Will be nice to finally play Revenge of Death Adder, if nothing else!

Comment

Preordered.

Just amazon been weird I guess, thankfully there’s no restriction on cancelling the preorder as far as I can see.

Comment

If I remember rightly initially Amazon JP wouldn’t let you order PCE Mini pads or the MD tower of power, but did closer to the time. I imagine this will be the same.

Comment

Preordered.

No, that's a perfect release date for Japan. You see, Christmas here isn't important but January 1st is massive. This would make a excellent new year's gift.

Ordered one plus the pad. Looking forward to this. Let's hope they had M2 handle the emulation.

Comment

If I remember rightly initially Amazon JP wouldn’t let you order PCE Mini pads or the MD tower of power, but did closer to the time. I imagine this will be the same.
                                I had the same problem. It said it couldn't ship 1 pad internationally, but if you increase the quantity they can ship. But then it wouldn't let me increase the quantity because they're limiting them to 1...

Let's see nearer the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X