Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony invest $250 million in Epic Games.

As the thread title says.

Expect Tim Sweeny and Epic to talk about how great the PS5’s SSD is for a little while longer.

'If Sony gets any advantage from investing in Epic, it isn’t clear from this deal.'

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

I suppose the advantage will become apparent when Sony Movie trailers start to appear in Fortnite alongside Sony music artists doing live gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
        I suppose the advantage will become apparent when Sony Movie trailers start to appear in Fortnite alongside Sony music artists doing live gigs.
        That'll be it. Epic will throw 'Sony' all over the place.

Comment

Presumably Sony largely expects Epic to make absolute Wonga next gen so it's profit driven rather than PS5 exclusive driven

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Presumably Sony largely expects Epic to make absolute Wonga next gen so it's profit driven rather than PS5 exclusive driven
            yep, It's not Playstation that has made the investment, It's Sony Corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              It's not Playstation that has made the investment, It's Sony Corporation.
              This has been lost on a lot of people.

Comment

And its a very small portion of the value of Epic. Its probably more related to the film and TV side of Sony.

Comment

Working...
                X