Retro Rumble: Round 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMW would be in almost any list for me.

I'll include Virtua Racing as I've been enjoying the Sega Ages release lately and whilst not Sega's best racer, was a massive milestone at the time and a machine I put quite a lot of money in to.

As a Sega racing fanboy, I want to include Power Drift in as well. The route B music is classic Sega, the colourful graphics, the cast of unusual characters, the cabinet that almost tips you out (and makes me feel a bit weird)...but I'm not sure it plays quite as well. I don't like how it sort of semi-drives you round the track.

So, I'm going to say Super Metroid.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
      SMW would be in almost any list for me.
      It would definitely be in my Top 20 retro games. But #1 in a platformers only list, with other Super Mario games ranking highly.

I'll include Virtua Racing as I've been enjoying the Sega Ages release lately and whilst not Sega's best racer, was a massive milestone at the time and a machine I put quite a lot of money in to.
      It's been ages since I played that version, so I need to set a PS2 up and have a go.

They had this version in a London arcade, so I used to play it quite a bit.

As a Sega racing fanboy, I want to include Power Drift in as well. The route B music is classic Sega, the colourful graphics, the cast of unusual characters, the cabinet that almost tips you out (and makes me feel a bit weird)...but I'm not sure it plays quite as well. I don't like how it sort of semi-drives you round the track.
      Sums up the game really well. But I will always have a soft spot for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        It's been ages since I played that version, so I need to set a PS2 up and have a go.
        I actually meant the Sega Ages Switch game, it doesn't help that they've been using the "Sega Ages" moniker for over 20 years now and released several of these games multiple times! I did like the PS2 version as well, although I think the Switch is the ultimate one now.

Comment

I think the Switch is the ultimate one now.
          Yeah, it does look really nice. I wish I had a Switch -- but I'm not paying £300 for one, when there are only a few games I'm interested in. I wonder why Sega haven't released it for the PS4 & Xbox One.

Comment

Working...
          X