Wireless gaming headset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless gaming headset.

looking at either the Corsair HS70 Pro or SteelSeries Arctis 1.

Anyone got either of these?

My son has this one and he was slightly disappointed there is no separation / mixer for chat and game audio volume ... only one wheel to control both (unless we’ve missed something ... but others on the internet have asked and been advised there is no mixer).

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]. What's the sound like?

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]. What's the sound like?

Comment

I haven’t tried them but I’ll ask the boy how they are tomorrow (and maybe have a quick try myself if I can wrestle them off his head).

Comment

It's okay, thanks.
            I've gone with the SteelSeries because they are a lot more compatible.
            They come with a dongle that can go straight into my phone or the Switch, as well as the PS4 or the One with a cable.

That cable also plugs into any traditional headphone jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              My son has this one and he was slightly disappointed there is no separation / mixer for chat and game audio volume ... only one wheel to control both (unless we’ve missed something ... but others on the internet have asked and been advised there is no mixer).

There is now a mixer built into the dashboard that lets you tweak the game volume against the mic/chat.

That said, I prefer headsets that offer a control for this on the headset.

The lucidsound models are decent. They have big dials on them for tweaking audio and some models have a dedicated Xbox wireless mode so they work without any cables at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                There is now a mixer built into the dashboard that lets you tweak the game volume against the mic/chat.
                I'll let him know, thank you

Comment

No problem... Hit the guide button and move across to settings section. They're only there when you've got a headset connected. There's basically a slider setting to move between game and chat volume plus a second slider for mic monitoring.

Comment

I'm also sort of on the lookout for wireless headset. Right now, I play like this:

PC: Xbox One controller(+wireless receiver) with Apple earphones
                    PS4: DS4 with Apple earphones(or Amazon's own Android ones if I need the mic)
                    Switch: Apple earphones with a short extension cord(the Switch is docked next to the sofa)

I'm leaning towards just running a 3.5mm extension to the sofa but I like the freedom of walking to the kitchen. QC's heard me rattling around with cutlery and making Weetabix during EDF sessions

Actually, if there was a way to clip the controller to my person...

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      I'm also sort of on the lookout for wireless headset. Right now, I play like this:

PC: Xbox One controller(+wireless receiver) with Apple earphones
                      PS4: DS4 with Apple earphones(or Amazon's own Android ones if I need the mic)
                      Switch: Apple earphones with a short extension cord(the Switch is docked next to the sofa)

I'm leaning towards just running a 3.5mm extension to the sofa but I like the freedom of walking to the kitchen. QC's heard me rattling around with cutlery and making Weetabix during EDF sessions

Actually, if there was a way to clip the controller to my person...
                      It does sound like you would benefit from the same SteelSeries I went for, possibly*.
                      They come with a USB-C dongle that plugs directly into the Switch or mobile with a USB-C port.
                      There's an adaptor for standard USB ports that you use with the PS4 or PC.

*The port is at the bottom of the Switch, so I don't know how it would work when it's docked.

Comment

Working...
                      X