Ghost of Tsushima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Started playing this last night and was hooked. It's lush, like Sekiro except fun to play. Got sidetracked into photo mode, which is the best implementation I've seen of this kind of thing.
    There are just so many gorgeous shots you can take!

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      Started playing this last night and was hooked. It's lush, like Sekiro except fun to play. Got sidetracked into photo mode, which is the best implementation I've seen of this kind of thing.
      Is there as much leaning on Japanese mythology in Tsushima as in Sekiro, i thought it was more grounded in reality where your mostly fighting human enemy's not giant apes snake gods or half men half centipede things?

I wouldn't call myself a pro gamer but found sekiro to be enjoyable hearing that this was like a laid back version of that peaks my intrest a bit may have to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        Is there as much leaning on Japanese mythology in Tsushima as in Sekiro, i thought it was more grounded in reality where your mostly fighting human enemy's not giant apes snake gods or half men half centipede things?

I wouldn't call myself a pro gamer but found sekiro to be enjoyable hearing that this was like a laid back version of that peaks my intrest a bit may have to pick it up.
        Yeah, it's historically grounded on an actual invasion. No mythological beasts to battle although there are references to kami and spiritual beliefs of the times. That said, the multiplayer component seems to be more mythologically styled. I was comparing it to Sekiro more in terms of both of them being samurai/ninja themed combat games. The combat options here unlock really nicely, I'm finding. Smooth but interesting, and challenging enough (for me, anyway). The polish of the game is incredible. Not just the obvious in-game vistas but the impeccable UI and menus and flavour texts.
        Last edited by Golgo; 20-04-2021, 15:08.

Comment

Parrying is easier than Sekiro, too.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            It's a fun game to Platinum too. No replaying through the story again.
            Just done this too. I’d got everything else but didn’t even know about the

hidden shrines.

Only the third game I’ve ever bothered to Platinum - the other two being Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Comment

I'm really enjoying the return of the magically appearing horse. One whistle and there he is on my shoulder ready to go. So much more convenient than those stubborn nags in Breath of the Wild who let petty things like vast distances get in the way. I'm also really enjoying using the touchpad to put my katana dramatically away with a cool swish and sometimes I just get it out just so I can put it away again, usually in dramatically-framed silhouette.

Comment

I've opened up the second main area, and I'm finding my usual open world fatigue is starting to set in. Now that I've fully got how beautiful the environment is with endless vistas of dappled lighting, moist waving grasses, crepuscular rays and so on, and how skilled the artists are and all that, I'm getting that clear and nagging sense that open world games are basically games that make you walk/ride/drive between levels or combat stages, which then struggle - after a while - to make the in-between bits exciting. Fortunately, the stages (fighting) remain fun, but I think I'm done with the whole open world experiment now. Developers should cancel this idea. More linearity in games, says I! Good old fashioned numbered levels/stages, please.

Comment

Hmm, it's a mixed bag. After coming off Horizon I'm comparing open worlds and while this one is very pretty, it's also very empty. Combat is satisfying when you get it right but down right bull**** if you don't. Having a camera that's so tight to you and no lock on means you can easily be flanked and that usually means game over.
                  Graphics are great and poor in equal measure. Lighting does wonders for it, but look too close and the shine rubs off fast.
                  I can see why some might love it, but I'm giving it a solid 6/10.

Comment

Maybe the lock on was added in the Director's Cut? There seems to be one in the menu, although I've not bothered using it.

Some screenies via Twitter:

I do like that even though I'm playing in FHD, the screenshots are taken at a 4K res.
                    I only realised yesterday I could rotate the camera to take portrait shots.

Also, while you are aiming your bow you can switch to Photo Mode as well!
                    Last edited by kryss; 25-08-2021, 03:33.

Comment

And I’m sucked right back into to this majestical looking game. I’m about 4 hours in to Iki island now and slowly getting my samurai groove back.

Comment

Ended up with this and managed to retrieve my PS4 save so was able to jump straight into the new DLC. Took about 15 minutes to get my head around the combat again but I'm mostly on top of it again. The added fps and fidelity for me has kind of exposed how visually behind the curve GoT is compared to other Sony first party games. There are some striking scenes artistically speaking but at its base it's not an amazing looking game, that being said the gameplay is clicking again and is satisfying. The DLC is mroe of the same which is fine but so far looks to be very short.

Comment

And expansion done. Absolute loved it from start to finish, Iki island is stunning and really cherry tops and already fantastic game. I think if you’ve never played it before £70 for the ps5 dc isn’t that bad as this is now one serious package. I’ve not even tried the multiplayer yet still so will be going onto some other single players before that i think.

Comment

[MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION] If you want to do some MP, me and [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] were going to give it a try.

Comment

Nice will definitely give that a go with you. Send me a PSN invite and we’ll set that up.

PSN: Fishyb

Comment

Feel like I should post a warning about how this game handles saving and loading as I lost a 50 hour save a couple days ago.

So, I played this on PS4 originally and had a 100h save with everything done on it, but when the game came out again on PS5 I started a new playthrough (not NG+) 'cause I wanted to enjoy upgrading my stuff again. Fast forward to a few days ago, all the collecting and upgrading was getting to me. New games I want to play are coming out soon, Diablo 2 and Death Stranding, so I thought of a plan. I'll just beat all the story mission stuff on my new playthrough, then at the end resume from my 100% save and jump into the Iki Island expansion. So jumping between playthrough saves it what got me. When you click Load game on the title screen, it pops up a Load dialogue but the text actually asks you if you want to save (?) so me thinking I was loading back to my current playthrough, actually overwrote my save with my old one after clicking Load Game. It's a weird way they have handled this, so be careful dudes, make multiple saves incase? Here's a pic of the dialogue box.

tl:dr? Keep multiple saves, and read the Load Game dialogue box if you click it, don't ignore it, or you can lose a save file.

Not the end of the world I guess. I got to play Iki Island earlier than expected and it was pretty good, and I'm ready for Diablo

Comment

Working...
                                X