Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods, get this chimp outta here!

Comment

Pretty game, combat is fun, but I'm finding it quite repetitive. It's a good game no doubt, but nowhere near the standard of the open world games it borrows from (BOTW, RDR2) because of the lack of variety.

The action is very intermittent and once a quest/mission/whatever is over, I find myself looking to play something else rather than wander off to do the same thing again somewhere else, being distracted by the odd fox or bird on the way.

I'm probably being a bit hard on it as it's following on from TLOU2. The stealth feels a comparatively clumsy and it's a bit glitchy in places. The disappearing horse is a pain.

I only feel compelled to play through Jin's story and sell it on.

Comment

Just finished this and mopping up the last two missions and ? on the map. Thoroughly enjoyed it with It’s twist and turn storyline.
        Another great fair well to the PS4.

Just got the Platinum trophy job done
        Last edited by BIG EDD; 23-08-2020, 01:07.

Comment

All finished now. I took a couple of breaks from the game so it didn't get overly repetitive but whenever I went back I really enjoyed it. The final big battle felt good and epic, using every technique and tool at my disposal. The whole game felt pretty epic tbh. Beautifully made too ... got to be the most vivid colours and scenery I've seen in a game. Fine effort all in all ... a solid 8/10. Don't think I'd bust a gut to play a sequel though.

Comment

The visuals are sumptuous and the mechanics solid but I still tired long before the end. The world, for all its eye-popping beauty, feels lifeless and the characters are no better. In their review, Edge magazine said the story is so maudlin, self-serious and pompous that The Last Of Us Part II gave us more laughs. Haha. I know just what they mean!

Comment

I played the multiplayer with 2 friends last weekend and wow, they really made something special. Does not feel like a shoe horned part of the game at all. Shame they couldn't get it ready for release as I think this will be heavily ignored now everyone has had their fill. Give it a go. I recommend it.

Comment

Another game I bought in the recent sale, breaking my limit of £25-for-digital in doing so. But that’s not interesting. I’m about 10 hours in, and after initially thinking it was Far Cry Samurai, I’m beginning to really, really like it. I like the protagonist’s seriousness and sense of honour, I like the challenge of the combat, the relative scarcity of resources, the stories, the shrines and secrets, the joy of exploring the map. It feels like an imperfect epic.

And it’s absolutely gorgeous to look at.
                Last edited by gordon; 14-04-2021, 10:57.

Comment

I got this in the Boxing Week sales and have been enjoying it on and off. Looking to get it digitally when the price is right and playing it over on PS5...when I can get one...

Comment

It's a fun game to Platinum too. No replaying through the story again.

Comment

Almost at the end now, after 60 hours. Loved every minute of it. The PS4 has given me some joy over the past few years, and this ends it on a massive high.

Comment

Have you played it in Kurosawa mode? I was well impressed when I saw that as on option.
                        The wife was mildly amused.

Comment

I didn’t even know that existed until I read your post. I love it when developers add stuff like that.

Comment

Started playing this last night and was hooked. It's lush, like Sekiro except fun to play. Got sidetracked into photo mode, which is the best implementation I've seen of this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              like Sekiro except fun to play
                              Yep.

Comment

I didn’t get on with Sekiro whatsoever personally, thought it was more like pulling teeth out than having fun.

This though i took too the rolls, dodging & parrying straight away. Might of had something to do with playing on Ps5 at 60fps from the off? As its so buttery smooth.

Its just fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X