Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the oldest system you can stomach now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    I’d play pong on a grandstand still. It’s not what systems is still play, it’s what games. Some stood the test of time, others not so much

Yeah, some tabletops stand the test of time well. There's something appealing about the simple graphics.

Originally posted by Wools View Post
    I'm happiest in the early 1990's 16bit era. The 2D graphics and audio are now polished so have real charm to them and the early 3D of the Arcades still looks so vibrant and welcoming to me.
    Yeah, the best 16-bit games are still rock solid in all areas. You can't fault them. I also like the clean graphics of early 3D arcade games.

Comment

I can go back to some 8 bit games, and selected late 70’s or early 80’s arcade games, but there’s not many I’d go back to. The 16 bit era is what I grew up through, so it’s my default for retro gaming.

Comment

I usually draw the line at the 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision and the like but I still love to play Nintendo Game & Watches. They are the simplest in gaming terms but there is something about them.

Comment

Ice Cold Beer is still one of the greatest arcade games ever made.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
          X