Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD retro VGM Playlist - Post ONE retro game music track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the term I wanted to use, but it escaped.me yeah.

I love a good arp lead. The 80's way of dealing with limited sound channels by have a number of notes that make up a chord play in such quick monophonic succession. Beautiful.

Comment

I can already see Team Andromeda struggling to do just one tune! I’m finding it hard myself and want to stick the title music for Destiny Mission on the Speccy in here but I shall refrain and leave it up to people to Youtube it if they’re interested.

And don’t be put off by it being a Speccy choon; remember the Robocop intro music, eh? Eh? Course you do, and that wasn’t sh*te.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        Here’s my one:
        I love Amiga tunes with a C64 synthy vibe about them. It shows that the sound chip was versatile -- so musicians could produce all sorts of music. This tune really takes me back to the 'chiptune' days.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 23-07-2020, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          I love Amiga tunes with a C64 synthy vibe about them. It shows that the sound chip was versatile -- so musicians could produce all sorts of music. This tune really takes me back to the 'chip tune' days.
          It is a bit SIDdy, and the haunting intro has a touch of Speccy AY about it too, and then the Amiga PCM drums kick in along with that slap-bass style baseline. That’s what I love about it; it rides the wave between being chip tune and Amiga-style ‘proper’ music.

Comment

That’s what I love about it; it rides the wave between being chip tune and Amiga-style ‘proper’ music.
            Yeah, it's nice when Amiga music sounds organic with some synthy drums. It's terrible when music sounds like a collection of cheap samples, because it's really harsh. The musician for Crazy Sue created a skillful blend that really shows off the Amiga sound chip.

Comment

I can already see Team Andromeda struggling to do just one tune! I’m finding it hard myself and want to stick the title music for Destiny Mission on the Speccy in here but I shall refrain and leave it up to people to Youtube it if they’re interested.

And don’t be put off by it being a Speccy choon; remember the Robocop intro music, eh? Eh? Course you do, and that wasn’t sh*te.
              Speaking of Robocop. Amiga Robocop 3 music eeshka mara ming! Must... not.... post!

Comment

Easy. There's a lot I want to go for but the one that jumps in my head immediately is the Moon Theme from Duck Tales:

The OG:

The Remake:

The Orchestral Version:

The actually used in the TV show decades later version:

Comment

So which version are you going for? NES surely?

Comment

I think I like the orchestral most but it's not official so NES takes it

Comment

So difficult to pick just one and i will probbaly change my mind but it would have to be this:

I knew the first time I heard it that it was special, love the composition, the rhythm and the fact that it was so different to what I had experienced before. It seemed so much more "meaty" that other OST's. I tried a number of times to record the sound test playing the orignal tracks with a mic against the TV, results were never that great but hey I had ot on my Walkman!

Honerable mentions go to the Chemical Plant Zone track from Sonic 2 spot on @wakka and also anything from Thunderforce IV!

Can I also have the Daytona USA soundtrack?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Wow, blast from the past

Also! Just one track. No the entire soundtrack lol
                        stage 4.

plus a very close second, Tim Follin classic

Last edited by beecee; 24-07-2020, 07:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Easy. There's a lot I want to go for but the one that jumps in my head immediately is the Moon Theme from Duck Tales
                          I gave it a listen, wasn’t sure, listened to the orchestral version, then went back to the original. And I love it! A nice bleepy chip-tune in amongst all the mostly FM tracks so far.

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                          So difficult to pick just one and i will probbaly change my mind but it would have to this
                          I knew someone would post a SoR2 track, it had to happen! Such a stellar arrangement and a good shout for the best OST to any game, although the original SoR gives it a run for its money. Go Straight’s a fantastic choice but I also love Dreamer and Slow Moon. I remember the first time I played SoR2 round a mate’s house and when the piano dropped in Slow Moon my jaw hit the floor as I suddenly realised it was a remix of the stage 4 music from the original SoR. A remix... in a video game! Probably quite normal these days but back then it was unprecedented.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            I'm hoping they're all on Apple's Music app.
                            If you’ve got Apple Music then give this a spin:

Comment

I was tempted to go SoR2 or Super Shinobi (and secretly hoped someone else would!) but wanted to give GBDD a shout.
                              Tricky nailing your choice down to one song!

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                                So difficult to pick just one and i will probbaly change my mind but it would have to be this:

I knew the first time I heard it that it was special, love the composition, the rhythm and the fact that it was so different to what I had experienced before. It seemed so much more "meaty" that other OST's. I tried a number of times to record the sound test playing the orignal tracks with a mic against the TV, results were never that great but hey I had ot on my Walkman!

Honerable mentions go to the Chemical Plant Zone track from Sonic 2 spot on @wakka and also anything from Thunderforce IV!

Can I also have the Daytona USA soundtrack?
                                Literally the other track I would’ve picked! I always say this but I saw Koshiro do this live at Fabric and got down hard to it. Amazing track.

Comment

Working...
                                X