Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD retro VGM Playlist - Post ONE retro game music track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a mentionable one I was always partial to the Starlight Zone theme on Sonic 1

Comment

Sonic has a wheel barrow full, doesn't it? Spring Yard Zone ffs!

Comment

Never mind that - what about Sonic CD?!? I’d post a track but I’m not allowed! Metallic Madness and Tidal Tempest are especially good.

And if we’re talking about the Mega CD then that opening track to The Terminator must be the best first level track of any game in the history of first level music tracks, surely?!?!?
        Last edited by samanosuke; 24-07-2020, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
          I knew someone would post a SoR2 track, it had to happen! Such a stellar arrangement and a good shout for the best OST to any game, although the original SoR gives it a run for its money. Go Straight’s a fantastic choice but I also love Dreamer and Slow Moon. I remember the first time I played SoR2 round a mate’s house and when the piano dropped in Slow Moon my jaw hit the floor as I suddenly realised it was a remix of the stage 4 music from the original SoR. A remix... in a video game! Probably quite normal these days but back then it was unprecedented.
          Absolutely had to pick it only a matter of time before someone did

Yeh the remix of Slow Moon was interesting, I didn't recognize it straightaway until a mate called it out after about 3 play throughs. As you say unprecidented and a great nod to the original.
          @wakka, never seen him perform it live but this performace was fantastic!

Last edited by dyer60; 24-07-2020, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
            Absolutely had to pick it only a matter of time before someone did

Yeh the remix of Slow Moon was interesting, I didn't recognize it straightaway until a mate called it out after about 3 play throughs. As you say unprecidented and a great nod to the original.
            @wakka, never seen him perform it live but this performace was fantastic!

Bet this was a cracking gig to be at as well:

Comment

Yeaaahhh. Mighty Maiden etc. Actually prefer the snes version music to the PC Engine CD, don't tell anyone.

Comment

Had this tune floating around in my mind for 30 years or so, couldn't remember the game name or computer format (and my mate who I used to play this with is sadly long gone too). Last year the game's name just popped into my head!
                Last edited by wheelaa; 24-07-2020, 18:24.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post

Had this tune floating around in my mind for 30 years or so, couldn't remember the game name or computer format (and my mate who I used to play this with is sadly long gone too). Last year the game's name just popped into my head!
                  Nice. For some reason you reminded me of C64 Ocean loaders \0/

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    Actually prefer the snes version music to the PC Engine CD,
                    I really like this tune -- it has a very strong SNES quality about it that appeals to me. It's one of those classic SNES tunes that really takes me back to those days and fills me with nostalgia.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-07-2020, 23:03.

Comment

The BD retro game music playlist submissions so far...

1. Olga Breeze (Darius II - arcade) - @hudson
                      2. Title Theme (Double Dragon - Nintendo Game Boy) - @QualityChimp
                      3. Stage 4 (Alien 3 - Sega Mega Drive) - @beecee
                      4. Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Sega Mega Drive) - @wakka
                      5. Lightning Strikes Again (Thunder Force IV - Sega Mega Drive) - @Cepp
                      6. Spiders (Axelay - Super Nintendo) - @Leon Retro
                      7. Lost Ancient Ruins (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Super Nintendo) - @Atticus
                      8. Stage ??? (Crazy Sue Goes On (NEED MORE INFO eg. track name) Commodore Amiga) - @samanosuke
                      9. The Moon Theme (Duck Tales - Nintendo Entertainment System) - @Neon Ignition
                      10. Go Straight (Streets of Rage 2 - Sega Mega Drive) - @dyer60
                      11. Vecanti (Super Valis IV - Super Nintendo) - @Baseley09
                      12. Loading Music (Joe Blade 2 - Commodore 64) - @wheelaa

@samanosuke I need a track name for you submission.
                      Last edited by hudson; 25-07-2020, 15:28.

Comment

Just call it “Title Theme” as it plays then as well as in the open levels.

Comment

Winning Run (Super Hang-On - Arcade)

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

A banger from the Gradius III coin-op.

Comment

I was going to post something from Castlevania IV but went for this.

Konami’s SNES soundtracks were awesome in general!

Comment

The best music to best level found in a shooter, in the best shooter ever made

Comment

Working...
                                X