Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD retro VGM Playlist - Post ONE retro game music track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    the SNES soundchip was something else and blew away the MD. Axelay, Castlevania IV, Super R Type and Star Fox sound incredible to this very day
    Yeah, the music in all of those is excellent. It still impresses me how good the best SNES music is.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Speaking of chip tunes... you have to remember this was 1985. There was very little like this out there anywhere... and then Hubbard appeared.
    A quintessential C64 tune that perfectly highlights how special the SID chip was. It's also a great example of how melodic and infectious chip music could be. Rob Hubbard is a genius.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 31-07-2020, 18:33.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Is this the one?

Yep, that's the one. Such an awesome track. Sounded amazing back in the day.

Comment

There's a few I'd pick so I avoided this thread , but maybe Long Distance from Revenge of Shinobi aka Super Shinobi. I think Mr Koshiro remade an older track he did, and it's very short but it was left off the early soundtracks I think .

Edit the snes sound chip might be better in some ways but the times the Md chip was used properly it was unmistakable , epic fm.

Last edited by monel; 02-08-2020, 06:06.

Comment

Working...
        X