No announcement yet.

Balan Wonderworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried the demo today; disappointed to say that I find it an offense to the eyes on the Switch. The framerate is terrible, to a level where if I'd bought it, I'd be asking for a refund. This game should not be allowed on that platform when it runs so poorly.

The actual game might be okay but I won't pay money for such poor performance.

Comment

I was shocked when I loaded this up on Switch. It looks like a PS2 game. Scattered spaced out foliage on green textures made if look like they shouldn't have bothered with foliage at all. The initial zone, the hub, looks baron and strange. I quickly downloaded it for PS5 to do a comparison because I thought this looked great on initial trailers. At least that's what my brain was telling me. But alas, the same on PS5! Anyway I went on (on PS5) to give it a chance. Playing on, I found there are heavy shades of art and sound style found on previous Yuji Naka games. Specifically Nights into Dreams. Listen to that sound effect when you pick up tears, look at the strange walking animations and well, everything else really. Yeah, technically this game seemed like a very last gen game, but you what? I played until. the end and thought, I won't buy it, but I would happily play this if it turned on Game Pass or PS Plus.

The costume changing mechanic is fun (apart from the brief animation between switching costumes!), the bat costume guy has that Sonic lock-on mechanic which was cool. Oh the camera isn't great (Sonic Adventure!).
      Last edited by hudson; 31-01-2021, 14:48.

Comment

Think they mistook what a demo is supposed to do lol. The idea is to get people interested in your game not make sure they don't buy it.

Comment

It's a generous demo by the way. I enjoyed it to be honest, but first impressions may mislead people. Another strange thing I saw is that you see friendly characters scattered around the world (mostly dancing or cheering you on), but when you get near to them, they disappear. They then reappear when you move away after several seconds. I can see why, maybe not to obstruct your view or something, but it just seemed weird. Also, you can clip through walls, only slightly, but enough to make you question the quality of the game.

Comment

Plenty of people are cancelling pre orders on the “ strength “ on the demo . It literally looks like a GameCube game let alone the limited gameplay

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
              Plenty of people are cancelling pre orders on the “ strength “ on the demo . It literally looks like a GameCube game let alone the limited gameplay
              Thats an insult to GC games to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Thats an insult to GC games to be honest.
                Indeed , I concur

Comment

Yeah, I went back after my initial disappointment for a couple of minutes and I'm done. It's garbage.

Expensive garbage, judging by the music and cutscene production quality. Someone's gonna get fired.

Comment

The demo (switch) is astonishingly poor. It reminds me of a Net Yaroze game. It looks awful and the frames are off too.
                    The demo must be some type of elaborate joke.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                      It reminds me of a Net Yaroze game.
                      Yes, this. It feels genuinely half-baked, like Sonic 06 half-baked.

Comment

Downloaded the demo thinking it couldn’t possibly be that bad. **** me it is though, absolutely awful. Nobody will buy this, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Nobody will buy this, surely?
                          I can think of at least one person.

Comment

Pray for Balan Wonderworld.

Comment

Controversy surrounding epilepsy inducing lighting during the final boss battle

Comment

Haha, so apart from the graphics, gameplay and the fact that it induces seizures, what's the problem with this game?

Comment

Working...
                                X