No announcement yet.

Balan Wonderworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could give yourself a nasty papercut with the paperback version too - https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...y-square-enix/

edit: just want to be clear that I'm not downplaying or taking shots at the impacts highlighted above - accessibility matters and that needs fixing ASAP
    Last edited by fuse; 26-03-2021, 14:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
      Controversy surrounding epilepsy inducing lighting during the final boss battle
      Im more shocked someone bothered to finish it.

Comment

Talk is that Square pushed this out to die same day as Monster Hunter RISE, and it sold less than 3000 copies.

Comment

Seeing the amount of videos from the demo i think the demo may have put so many people off the game

Comment

It's getting dunked on all over the shop, but in contrast I found this review quite interesting - https://www.buttoncult.com/home/revi...an-wonderworld

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              It's getting dunked on all over the shop, but in contrast I found this review quite interesting - https://www.buttoncult.com/home/revi...an-wonderworld
              The Eurogamer review was similar, in that it managed to point out the flaws in a mature balanced manner, rather than the juvenile pile on from half wit yank youtubers - 'EWWWWW - Balan Wonderworld is a DUMPSTER FIRE!' ( insert photo of myself making shocked face on video thumbnail) etc etc. Seriously, the fact that 90% of all reviews originate from a country which isn't happy unless it's being snarky about something is depressing.

Comment

I enjoyed the very generous demo, I really think it's a fun game. Deffo features gameplay and looks from the time of Nights. But, I had fun.

Comment

Originally posted by kellog7 View Post
                  The Eurogamer review was similar, in that it managed to point out the flaws in a mature balanced manner, rather than the juvenile pile on from half wit yank youtubers - 'EWWWWW - Balan Wonderworld is a DUMPSTER FIRE!' ( insert photo of myself making shocked face on video thumbnail) etc etc. Seriously, the fact that 90% of all reviews originate from a country which isn't happy unless it's being snarky about something is depressing.
                  Normally I'd agree with you - but the Switch version, if it's not a world apart from the demo, is absolute trash. Seriously, it's insulting to the platform, one of the most broken looking games I've ever played outside of stuff that genuinely doesn't run/crashes or something like that. It really is a dumpster fire and deserves no sympathy; a lot of money has clearly been spent on it (judging by the level of polish on things like the music and cutscenes).

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  I enjoyed the very generous demo, I really think it's a fun game. Deffo features gameplay and looks from the time of Nights. But, I had fun.
                  Did you play the PS4 version? As I've only played the Switch one.

Comment

I mainly played on PS5, but I did have a quick look at the sSwitch version and it didn't seem too different from what I can remember.

Comment

Comment

At least that something positive. Square-Enix can sue Ghostbuster for stealing their song.

Comment

That is pretty close. Definitely inspired at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            That is pretty close. Definitely inspired at least.
                            It's more likely both are inspired by an earlier piece. Like how the Imperial march from Star Wars was influenced by the funeral march.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              It's more likely both are inspired by an earlier piece. Like how the Imperial march from Star Wars was influenced by the funeral march.
                              That is true.
                              Anyway, I went ahead and bought the Xbox version as I seriously doubt the game is as bad as the YouTube dicks are making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                That is true.
                                Anyway, I went ahead and bought the Xbox version as I seriously doubt the game is as bad as the YouTube dicks are making it out to be.
                                I hope so; I hope the Switch version is just a turkey.

Comment

Working...
                                X