Balan Wonderworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balan Wonderworld

Yuji Naka has a new game coming to Xbox One, Series X, PS5, PS4, Switch and PC next Spring called Balan Wonderwprld and whilst there's some clunky looking movement but it looks incredibly like the old Saturn era stuff Sega put out:

God, I LOVE it. It's literally the first Xbox exclusive I've seen in years I give a crap about.

Comment

And the best part is, it's not even an exclusive! On Switch an' all.

Does look cool this, and I agree NI, it's very Saturn in its aesthetic.

Comment

This one definitely got my interest - for some reason I thought it was a rhythm game at first, but then came all the platforming and whatnot. Think I can probably spare Yuji Naka a few minutes of my time.

Comment

This looks great.

Comment

That nauseating voiceover is so annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
              That nauseating voiceover is so annoying
              I love it. It's cheesy.

Comment

Can’t read this thread title without singing the Earth, Wind and Fire song.

Comment

Would I be out of line to profer there opinion that the running animation looks a bit ropey.

At the very least you can tell it's from the same people who did NiGHTS and 3D Sonic...

Comment

I'm quite intruiged by this one given the old school style and the people behind it.

Comment

A demo will launch next Thursday

Comment

According to that link the demo is two hours long. Pretty generous. I'll deffo give it a try.

Comment

Looking forward to this. A two hour long demo is generous but also a tad risky if it shows you too much. Fingers crossed it’s good.

Comment

That looks utterly awful.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              That looks utterly awful.
                              It's... Okay, outside of the cutscenes it doesn't make a great first impression.

But it's a bold art style and has a slightly 90s feel; I think the fact they're doing a demo speaks volumes as it suggests it might not be a looker but play really well - kinda like Nights in that respect too.

Comment

Working...
                              X