Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 has been announced for release on 08 April 2022 - which is a Friday, missed opportunity for Sonic 2'sDay again there.

In case you somehow missed it, a sequel to the Sonic the Hedgehog movie from earlier this year is [...]

The film remains on track and will begin production in March, the working title is Emerald Hills

Comment

Comment

Even the Emerald Hill Zone music too.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't seen the first movie and can't imagine I will but I'm very cynical about their use of the music after what happened last time - total backlash followed by OMG LETS FIX THIS AND PUT IN ALL THE SONIC MUSIC WE HAVE. No idea if any of it actually played a role in the movie but the marketing gave the impression that any references were added after the fact.

Comment

Missed a trick by not releasing it on a Tuesday.

Could have tried to recapture the past glory that Was "Sonic 2sday".

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Yeah, I haven't seen the first movie and can't imagine I will but I'm very cynical about their use of the music after what happened last time - total backlash followed by OMG LETS FIX THIS AND PUT IN ALL THE SONIC MUSIC WE HAVE. No idea if any of it actually played a role in the movie but the marketing gave the impression that any references were added after the fact.
              Honestly you should; the first movie was a great family popcorn flick (Sonic-does-My-Favourite-Martian, essentially, with a few super-hero tropes thrown in), and the fan references definitely weren't just added in at the last minute, unless they rescripted quite a bit of the film.

If you're opposed to it because you feel the animators got screwed by the studio, then I can't refute that (like I just don't know how that went down) but really, I think the attempt to make it appeal more to the franchise's fans was earnest (+fuelled by profit motive but then it's a movie).

As a Sonic fan since I was a kid, I enjoyed it; and that's partially because it wasn't really for me, as an adult, but I got into the Sonic games when I was about 9, and I know kid-me would've absolutely loved it.

But also as a longtime Sonic fan, I have no anchor to any of the franchise's various interpretations, so it "not being Adventure", "not being Classic Sonic", "not being Sonic X", "not being SatAM"... None of those things register with me.

EDIT: Also I just realised... I may be romanticising it a bit more because it' was the last movie I saw in cinemas before COVID.

Comment

It's one of those movies that is better than it has any right to be and I assume the sequel will play it safe by continuing with the real world and any references will be fleeting. I imagine any brief Emerald Hills sequence will be like the Sonic Green Hill Zone opening of the first film but focused on Tails pre-arrival. It's already been knocked around that Knuckles will appear too and they'd be wise to dial up the direct elements because that post credit sequence really landed with the audience. DT is forever locked out though because... Jim Carrey!

"Get a load of this!"

Comment

Set images are out of filming that reveals the stand-in props for the animated characters

Comment

Comment

Embracing more from the games

Comment

Comment

It looks sooo good

Comment

So glad Carrey is back in this - he's just perfect as the bad guy.

Comment

Watched 1 with the nephew a few weeks back and it really wasn't that bad, certainly entertaining, might take him to this as he's sonic mad.

Comment

Working...
                              X