No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]: because Blackpool is a pit of disease and despair, all year round, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
      [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]: because Blackpool is a pit of disease and despair, all year round, maybe?
      Suspicion confirmed

Comment

Oh snap...goes the stick of rock I bought to hit people with when they get too close.

Back on the "reduced oxygen levels" bull**** AGAIN!? **** right off. Once again proving my FB departure was the correct choice.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Once again proving my FB departure was the correct choice.
          Goooood. Goooooooood.

Comment

Hope you don't want an Oculus Quest

Comment

I guess it's off-topic but anyone who has read a single cyberpunk story should not want an Oculus Quest now that FB are going to insist on their logins to make it work. To be honest, the moment FB bought them that should have been the moment people declared themselves out. They are one of the least trustworthy companies on the entire planet, have far too much data and power and you will never own an Oculus Quest - it is merely a handover of your information further strengthening their reach.

Comment

You should probably uninstall windows install Linux on your PC if you're worried about data gathering and run a proxy at your internet gateway, never install anything that isn't completely open source or use any online services provided by big companies.

It's time to learn how to run your own mail server, oh, and chunk that smart phone down the bog

--------------

On a completely different note - the Whitty press conference just ended which didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. In summary:

*) The virus is spreading exponentially and it's going to get worse over winter
                *) It's not getting weaker
                *) It's going to be with us for a long time yet
                *) Don't expect a vaccine until next year
                Last edited by MartyG; 21-09-2020, 10:23.

Comment

Xmas is effectively lost. A 2 week lockdown in Oct wouldn't even dent things and by December the cold season will be really deeply set in. Either they lockdown for Xmas/New Years which people will hate or the holiday season see's an immense driver of infection rates leading to an out of control Jan/Feb and utter health, NHS and economic devastation which people will hate.

We're already so long past the point of no return and it's tiring to still hear the same 'but the economy/but cancer treatment patients/but peoples mental health' arguments which are all empty arguments when reflected in the reality of what a no lockdown winter will result in. Fixing any of this doesn't even begin with a vaccine, it begins sooner with that with a need for people to stop supporting the god damned Tory government and its approach to the virus.

Comment

Despite that press conference, I now expect the government not to do anything for another two weeks, instead saying you need to socially distant whilst doing a Cummings themselves and trying to get people to go back to work to save Pret.

The economy/other health issue argument is non-sequitur; if the virus gets out of control it will dominate everything else, so there won't be an economy if everyone is sick and there won't be other treatments in hospital if Covid-19 overwhelms NHS services.

And there won't be any bogroll.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 21-09-2020, 10:52.

Comment

This is a government that opened shops and told people to get out there... And then realised we should be wearing masks 4 weeks later.
                      Still, when all this is over in a few years and the dead are all buried, the people and media will say they did their best under difficult circumstances.

Comment

And by Media it'll be a Sunday paper column written by Boris

Comment

^ Yes, a nice little chapter for the memoirs. They'll all come out of this smelling of roses, dripping in wealth and paraded through Chipping Norton on a pontoon pulled by Tory dowagers mumbling that anyone could make mistakes in the circumstances and berating that beastly, sniping solicitor's clerk Mr. Starmer. I don't mind admitting I've started wishing Johnson and the rest of the cabinet dead.

Comment

I don't believe that'll be the case at all - Johnson will be remembered as the PM who screwed up Covid and Brexit, the same way Thatcher is remembered for the miner's strike, poll tax and taking milk away from kids and Blair is remembered for lying about Iraq.

Comment

Blair looks like a Saint right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                                Blair looks like a Saint right now.
                                Dont think you can really compare the intentional bombing and invasion of a country under false pretences to a virus.

We at least know the current gov is too lazy and useless to even begin to know how to engineer a virus.

Comment

Working...
                                X