No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an over focus on a dying industry. Proportionately the number of people getting leathered each week in pubs is low, whilst I'm not saying pubs shouldn't be closed etc it makes zero sense to make them such a central focus whilst stores, coffee shops, restaurants, fast food outlets etc get an easy pass. I mean, say I run a pub as long as I serve chips I can stay open meaning the airborne aspect isn't what this is being decided on by the Government. It's all constant distraction tactics by the Tories whilst case numbers sky rocket - Tier 3 is them playing shenanigans, it imposes very little extra and won't make any difference.

Sooner they get the circuit breaker lockdown done too the better, once it's done everyone can move past the stupidity of the plan and move closer to the real inevitable action that's coming.

Comment

I agree - the only way to prevent an airborne virus from spreading to other people is for other people not to be in the same room as an airborne virus and whilst masks absolutely help, like condoms it's not 100% guarantee.

Too late to lockdown in March, too early to open things up, too few tests, too slow to get track and trace working whilst ignoring the science and we end up in a situation that extends the problem for a longer period of time.

We will end up with a national lockdown at some point, it's just a matter of when and how long depends on how much dithering continues to happen.
      Last edited by MartyG; 19-10-2020, 12:47.

Comment

Wales is to enter a two week national lockdown with Bonfire Night celebrations cancelled.

Comment

We open this week with 18,804 new cases
          Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
            I reckon the United Kingdom will break up within my lifetime, maybe within the next 20 years or so.
            I wonder if Northern Ireland discovered huge amounts of oil how fast England would have to help liberate it. Maybe with a plagiarised PhD thesis or something at the start.
            Last edited by monel; 19-10-2020, 18:02.

Comment

Apparently Barnier has accepted all the UK's demands in order to restart Trade Deal talks... but our Government refuses. The blatant plot exposed in its fullest right there.

Comment

'Seemingly'.

As with many Guardian articles the headlines don't always quite match the facts of the situation (read - blinkered attention grabbing half truth headlines from a rag I wouldn't wipe my ****pipe with).

But, obviously, the EU have acted in good faith throughout, obviously. In fact it is so obvious, I feel like a clagnut even pointing it out, obviously.

Oh well, at least this tired blame game, much like this pesky pandemic killing 1000s every day, pales into insignificance with Christmas likely being destroyed. Real talk.

Now, can some ****er hit me up with some loo roll, tavml!
                Last edited by wheelaa; 19-10-2020, 22:43. Reason: typo

Comment

Lovely lockdown here in Wales. Schools and Unis still open....lol.

Comment

Greater Manchester leaders set to ask for £75m support

No update as yet, but that £22m being thrown about by the government was a complete joke. It was also a little baffling? My area was one of those that went blue at the last election, but not by much.

Comment

It's all a colossal waste of money, if the money is even real.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        Greater Manchester leaders set to ask for £75m support

No update as yet, but that £22m being thrown about by the government was a complete joke. It was also a little baffling? My area was one of those that went blue at the last election, but not by much.
                        I've become so jaded that I just know the government will spin even this extraordinary regional revolt in their favour. When the national lockdown comes it will not be a sign of their stupendous and reckless incompetence, but will be span out as having been caused by those pesky, ungrateful Mancs who wouldn't do what they were told.

Comment

Who is going to enforce this? Most of the local police and council officials will be sympathetic to their own area. Are they going to send in the army? I guess they probably will.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            I've become so jaded that I just know the government will spin even this extraordinary regional revolt in their favour. When the national lockdown comes it will not be a sign of their stupendous and reckless incompetence, but will be span out as having been caused by those pesky, ungrateful Mancs who wouldn't do what they were told.
                            Probably, although I'm not sure anyone's going to buy it at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              Probably, although I'm not sure anyone's going to buy it at this point.
                              But they don't need anyone to buy it. They're sitting pretty. Totally unaccountable with four more years in the bag.

Comment

Congrats to Johnson today, finally managed to crack the 20,000.

21,331 whilst number of tests dropped 40,000 to 260,338 giving us a positive rate of 8%.

Highest recorded deaths since June 22nd at 241 and in-patients and ventilator bad numbers continue to increase.

Comment

Working...
                                X