United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    All I took from Cass’ post was laser powered cars. I’m in. Where do I sign up?!
    There are systems which replace conventional spark plugs with lasers for improved control and efficiency but I’m not sure any car manufacturer has adopted such systems yet. If anyone does it’ll be Mazda who seem doggedly determined to stick with ICE cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      In other news the BBC slips to the bottom of the pile for impartiality.

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/bbc/i...155271.article
      Oh come on, though...

The regulator’s research found that 58% of people who use BBC News services rated the corporation’s TV news offering as impartial, 3 percentage points short of the 61% of C5 News viewers who rate that service as impartial.
      I'm sure both the people who actively watch C5 news regularly feel really smug and superior.

Comment

And has as been pointed out before, half the people who think the BBC is biased to the right vote to the left and the other half think the BBC is biased to left vote right. When the BBC doesn't mirror their opinion, people accuse it of being impartial.

All sides think the BBC is biased - they can't all be right.
        Last edited by MartyG; 29-11-2020, 11:07.

Comment

While I get that, I think we can all agree that it’s clear they are biased against whatever way I think.

Comment

How though? There are hardly any opinions. **** questions, maybe. I watched News at 10 for the first time in ages. That is weird and opinionated. One guy is like watching Chris Morris.

Comment

That's one of the many reasons I stopped watch regular news programmes 20 years ago. There's so much bias and barely disguised editorial content, often suspiciously opinionated.

Indeed the tired often laughable cliches of the news programmes were being lampooned by Chris Morris decades ago yet they still persist.

Comment

Did anyone see that program from kuenssberg last year were she's weirdly flirting with Boris and everything is in soft focus?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Did anyone see that program from kuenssberg last year were she's weirdly flirting with Boris and everything is in soft focus?
                  oh that was a dream

Comment

Like clockwork Raab starts laying the groundwork in PR for the new year and the third wave

Comment

The bit which irritates me is seeing so many online bitching about the restrictions, saying everyone's overreacting because of the virus's "99.9% survival rate". It annoys me because I know that some of these people are smart enough to know better, but I have to assume they're deliberately doing this to rile up people who don't have the smarts to see through it.

Comment

More corruption links

Comment

Looks like Sunak will soon get punished by having Boris brush off any damage, will leave him utterly unaffected too as he never stood a chance at being future PM anyway.

Moderna Vaccine passes final tests with 94% success rate lining things up for Summer 2021 normality

Comment

Talk on the news this morning that the infection rates are coming down thanks to the 2nd lockdown.

The above was not from today's official figures, released this afternoon, which show an infection rate of 11.13% of positive tests against the total tested number (24,385 out of 219,899), which is the highest level since April 30th.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 30-11-2020, 17:34.

Comment

I have no idea how the numbers have stopped spiking upwards given the incredibly poor standard of lockdown 2. Certainly though we're coming out of it in poor stead for Dec/Jan.

Comment

The Tories were promised to have the Tier system costed and have been told... it can't be. The costs of having zero restrictions instead are so hard to calculate due to not truly knowing the true extent that a completely unrestrained viral outbreak would have on the economy and health service that the only safe path is to prioritise health.

Rita Ora gets called out - no, not on her rampant career long cultural appropriation - but her having a party for 30 during lockdown at a restaurant claiming 'oh but I didn't know there was a lockdown'

The pub industry is saved - a Scotch Egg constitutes a substantial meal

Comment

Working...
                                X