No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starmer sticks his heels in saying the vast majority of members would agree Corbyn was wrong

Comment

The judge says the Sun's article claiming the actor assaulted Amber Heard was "substantially true".

The portrayal of the loss is ropey in some places but the news is Depp has lost his first libel case

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-antisemitism
        Starmer sticks his heels in saying the vast majority of members would agree Corbyn was wrong
        I’m not a member any more, but I’d hope that in the future, it’d become a party where cranks like Corbyn are not welcome. Incidentally, I’m horrified by how many left-wing people in this country seem to find antisemitism an acceptable form of racism, or don’t even consider it a form of racism.

Comment

Called it.

Comment

It's so sad and desperate. Lockdowns aren't a political basis for a party and even, even if they were we're 4 years out of an election making the move redundant beyond a bit of headline grabbing as its members can't even campaign on the basis of stopping them given the pandemic will likely be over by 2024.

If this were WWII we'd be surrendering to the Germans after a month because we didn't like the inconvenience of blackouts.

Comment

Anti-lockdown party?? Really? What the living ****? People will jump on it too and follow his bandwagon.

Comment

Interesting though reading the the Reform UK's policies, particularly the "focused protection" supporting the C-19 victims and vulnerable not yet exposed while the rest of 'us' develop herd immunity.

No more stupid than the current shambles and to be able to identify the vulnerable will require the use of an effective track and trace system plus some centralised body to actually correlate the information. That is pretty much what has been recommended by all parties right from the start.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more focus on those hopitalisations and deaths of younger victims with no obvious medical problems because it seems to me they're the anomalies who need to be identified and researched most urgently.

Comment

You could never trust a Covid plan from a man who lives and breathes the air that follows Trumps backside. You'd get exactly the same outcome as in the US and any plan at all that breathes the words herd immunity is as dead on arrival as the concept itself now is.

Comment

Trouser Trump(et)

Comment

It's so sad and desperate. Lockdowns aren't a political basis for a party and even, even if they were we're 4 years out of an election making the move redundant beyond a bit of headline grabbing as its members can't even campaign on the basis of stopping them given the pandemic will likely be over by 2024.

If this were WWII we'd be surrendering to the Germans after a month because we didn't like the inconvenience of blackouts.
                      Well we'd have a lot of people who were anti-blackouts, and so left their lights on, and went outside and shined torches on and so on, in order to exercise their right to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Anti-lockdown party?? Really? What the living ****? People will jump on it too and follow his bandwagon.
                        It's just Farage reprising his role trying to stay relevant and getting people to support something that's ultimately going to harm them in the long run.

Same old, same old.

Comment

Perhaps on a different take but when you think of the hardship that our parents and grandparents went through, years and years of it and now they are being wiped out by this terrible disease spread in part by twats who can't be arsed masking up because they are getting fed up with it or don't believe it exits.
                          As Kenny Everett said, just round them up, put them in a field and bomb the bastards.

Remember, thanks to those efforts in WWII we have a choice, we don't have to say vorsprung durch technik.

Comment

Sound words from former member of the Conservative Party, UKIP, European Parliament, The Brexit Party and now Reform UK.

Comment

After reading the Guardian articles on the Depp outcome I need to do some more reading up. Far as I can tell the Judges verdict isn't based on painting Heard as the vindicated victim she has claimed to be, more on the technicality that by retailiating against her physically during their marriage he had thereby proven that the term wife beater was technically correct. I'd expect the US case next year will soon dig the awful stories of their marraige up again as there's very little evidence of a real victim in this scenario.

Comment

So basically if your wife treats you like ****, beats you and cuts your finger off... Suck it up and accept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X