No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Crunch Corner = the one with the little balls.

Comment

We don't know if he used a spoon or licked it out the pot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Hirst had a yoghurt.
        Ah, OK. Makes sense now.

Comment

Mute FTW.

To be clear, I wasn't saying we had only backed the one horse, just saying that we have bought these vaccinations now and as much as this government does love reneging on agreements, I think we are locked into having 20 million people's worth of vaccinations via Pfizer.

Comment

The Independent 03/12/20

We’re a much better country’: Brexit not the reason UK approved vaccine first, Williamson suggests

Gavin Williamson has suggested the UK secured the coronavirus vaccine approval before France, Belgium and the United States because it is a “much better country”, rather than it being down to Brexit as claimed by cabinet colleagues.

The education secretary’s remarks came after Britain’s medicine regulator contradicted erroneous claims by Matt Hancock, the health secretary, that the UK got the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine approved faster due to the UK’s departure from the European Union.

Boris Johnson also declined to echo Mr Hancock’s boast at a No 10 press conference and rather praised the work of the government’s vaccines taskforce as the prime minister set out plans to rollout jabs across the country.

Comment

Yes, that's it. That's how they decide how to distribute vaccines. It's the best countries which get it.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                The UK government went in hard on the Pfizer kickstarter

Comment

I think I exhaled almost in depression on ready that story. It's almost exhausting at this point at just how tiringly cretinous our MPs sound all the time

Comment

I always used to find it irksome when Americans non-jokingly go on about being the best country in the world and it's just as bad here.

Comment

NHS staff get bumped back in the queue for the COVID vaccine as MPs begin to focus more on care homes

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...accine-rethink
                        NHS staff get bumped back in the queue for the COVID vaccine as MPs begin to focus more on care homes
                        Care home staff I agree with. People over 80? These people are already on the conveyorbelt of death and if they found themselves in hospital would likely be listed as DNR.
                        Surely it makes more sense to vaccinate the people on the sharp end of helping others.

Comment

That's pretty cold! People live to over 100! If it was your relative...in a care home...do not agree!

Comment

My sister is in a care home and I can’t get in to see her. But I think it makes more sense into immunize the NHS staff that are helping people not just with COVID but all the other essential care hospitals, GPs, community nurses etc supply.
                            Protect people in care homes with restrictions until the vaccine has become widespread. I’m pretty sure if you asked a lot of care home residents they would prefer to see their children and grandchildren immunized first.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              My sister is in a care home and I can’t get in to see her. But I think it makes more sense into immunize the NHS staff that are helping people not just with COVID but all the other essential care hospitals, GPs, community nurses etc supply.
                              Protect people in care homes with restrictions until the vaccine has become widespread. I’m pretty sure if you asked a lot of care home residents they would prefer to see their children and grandchildren immunized first.
                              Fair point, but can you not see the ethical dimension?

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                                Fair point, but can you not see the ethical dimension?
                                Yes I do. Ethically it makes more sense to immunise staff that have spent years training, that are probably parents to young children and whose job it is to literally keep other people alive rather then immunise dear old Meg who sits in a care home waiting to die. NHS staff are 1000% more valuable to society than Meg.

Comment

Working...
                                X