United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Yes I do. Ethically it makes more sense to immunise staff that have spent years training, that are probably parents to young children and whose job it is to literally keep other people alive rather then immunise dear old Meg who sits in a care home waiting to die. NHS staff are 1000% more valuable to society than Meg.
    Ideally both would be immunised at the same time, but it's a matter of what would be most effective. Staff move about from room-to-room and in many cases, care homes to care homes - if those people are vaccinated, by association you reduce the risk to the residents.

I'd move the MPs down the list.

Comment

I realise my comments sound harsh but if there are limited vaccinations you have to prioritise and make harsh decisions. If we had 75 million vaccinations we could hit the whole country at once. Unfortunately we don't.
      Doesn't matter anyway, I'm not in charge.

Comment

Yep. You look at everything ethically and when you find that being completely ethical will result in more people dying then you go with logic

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          I'd move the MPs down the list.
          I wouldn't even put them on the list.

Comment

I don't think there should be any possible doubt about who to vaccinate first - the health-care workers whatever their age. But something that was covered yesterday on one programme I saw was the possibility that C-19 could still be transmissible by someone who has been immunised.

So from that the next group must be the most vulnerable ie. those over 75 years old and those with underlying health issues whole have made up 75% - 80% of the hospital addmissions.

The main point of immunisation is surely to reduce to a trickle hospitalisations. 90% of the population, even if they get C-19, are not going to need admission or treatment of any sort so what's the point of priority immunising them?

Its been one of the primary absurdities of the hysterical response to C-19 that the resources and support have not been concentrated on the known most vulnerable sections of the population.
            Last edited by fallenangle; 05-12-2020, 11:16. Reason: typo

Comment

Know we're moved on to the next thing, but while Arcadia's still in the thread title I'm running with this, which I've seen before but always deserves a share. You'll need to click through to see it fully engorged, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                I wouldn't even put them on the list.
                It might not matter anyway if the current H5N8 avian flu infecting poultry across the UK leaps to humans.

On the positive side, there haven't been any cases of H5N8 in humans, but this is one of the strains experts are concerned could cause a pandemic.

A nice thing to look forward to in the new year

Comment

Eating meat is going to wipe us out eventually.

Comment

Agreement talks looking gloomy. (Or possibly last minute chest puffing). Where's my hat...

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    It might not matter anyway if the current H5N8 avian flu infecting poultry across the UK leaps to humans.

On the positive side, there haven't been any cases of H5N8 in humans, but this is one of the strains experts are concerned could cause a pandemic.

A nice thing to look forward to in the new year
                    Makes you wonder what's next and when.

Comment

The country will need the government to organise military airlifts to even get the new Covid vaccines into the UK, as if Brexit wasn’t already exposed as a project based on crank economics...

Comment

Rita Ora apologies again as it turns out she was breaking COVID restrictions whilst... already breaking COVID restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...self-isolating
                          Rita Ora apologies again as it turns out she was breaking COVID restrictions whilst... already breaking COVID restrictions.
                          As if I didn't dislike her enough after that awful EE advert.

Comment

She wants to “one day make it up to the public”. so she’s alright in my book.

Comment

She’s going to retire?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...self-isolating
                                I think we all know what she was performing for a six figure sum...

Comment

Working...
                                X