United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Does anyone here actually believe Corbyn is an anti-semite, in the sense of holding prejudices against the Jewish people and their religion?
    That's never been the problem - the problem, and the reason he's been suspended, it's that the EHRC report found Labour responsible for unlawful acts of discrimination and harassment and that they hadn't done enough to prevent it - Corbyn then rocks up, after being asked not to, saying it's not really a problem.

You know who Corbyn's worst enemy is? His foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      Does anyone here actually believe Corbyn is an anti-semite, in the sense of holding prejudices against the Jewish people and their religion? Clearly there are some nasty ***** in the party that needed dealing with properly, and he dithered and evaded pathetically as they were all old Trots together. However the predicament as I see it is that this particular Trot end of the Labour party has got itself impaled on the fact that any criticism of the actions of the Israeli government are taken as anti-semitism by default. The Israeli government actively encourages this conflation for good reason and to excellent effect. I'm not defending Corbyn, by the way. I think he's a twat.
      I regard Corbyn as nothing more than a classic curtain-twitching swivel-eyed Jew hater. It’s very apparent if you can identify the antisemitic tropes and canards which he leans into. It also says a lot that he usually can’t even mention the word antisemitism without all-lives-matter-ing the very concept.

Comment

Exclusive: ex-party chair says fear of Starmer ‘purge’ may lead to MPs sitting as independents

Let them. Utterly bizarre to be enslaved to those who can't let go of the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Remember, it's the news media. They want engagement, being ethically "right" isn't important to them.
          It's all so depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://www.theguardian.com/politics...supporting-mps
            Let them. Utterly bizarre to be enslaved to those who can't let go of the man.
            I didn't have a problem with Corbyn but the media did and I don't think Labour can move forward without getting rid of him once and for all.

Comment

Speculation that next week England will enter National Lockdown 02

Comment

Just took 8 weeks to get back to what was obvious in June.

Comment

Back to a lockdown again.
                  You know what the definition of stupidity is?

Comment

I can't see this making much of a differenece. Speaking to family down in Wales it seems like people just don't care anymore and are being rather flexible with the lockdown rules. It's all good and well treating people like adults and asking them to take measures to help themselves and others but plenty just aren't bothering hence the surge in infections being reported recently.

Comment

Johnson said another lockdown would be disastrous and an admission of failure so it won't be a "lockdown", you sillies. It will be called "tough new national measures".

Comment

Lockdown = Essential and the right thing to do
                        A lockdown where it's not long enough, the full required measures aren't implemented, proper planning hasn't been conducted and supportive measures from lessons learnt in the previous lockdown = A Tory lockdown sure to fail

That's the main thing at play here. This is purely to buy themselves the PR of not being in full measures over Christmas.

There will be a third national lockdown.

Comment

Johnson quietly admits regional measures are a failure

And - It's now official.

Comment

Furlough extended throughout November and December

Comment

Oh ffs.

Comment

Extensions beyond the initial 4 weeks are not being ruled out

Comment

Working...
                                X