X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

SAGE says that the UK's R-rating for new infections is between 0.8 and 1.0

Also, that it has no confidence in the accuracy of that estimate

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 21-01-2021, 14:17.

The Eid pun in the other thread isn't a good look. I never would get involved but had to say it.

Comment

Yeah, might want to lose it - certain it isn't meant in a nasty way, but it can look a bit odd to somebody casually dropping by.

In other news, a shortage of British maps hits London:

Comment

Why isn’t the eid pun a good look? I had to look up what it was admittedly.

Comment

I can't speak on behalf of Muslims as I'm not one, but the more thick end of social media in these local areas is getting very heated with some people blaming the lockdown on people who were going to visit their families for Eid (which was completely allowed until it wasn't!). It's just getting a bit sensitive and it might look to an outsider like we're passing some kind of judgement, which is probably best side-stepped.

Comment

Muslim and BAME communities not taking coronavirus pandemic seriously, Tory MP says

It's everyone's fault but the Torys, as per usual.

Comment

If going out shopping this week is any indicator since the mandatory face mask edict, then the demographic least likely to be wearing them are... old people.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The Eid thing makes sense, it was purely a play on words and about the Tories being idiots under the suspicion they rushed the local lockdown in so short notice because of families meeting up over Eid rather than being anything about Muslim communities themselves. The threads locked now though so the controls to edit the title are locked too, a mod may be able to strip the subtitle out though.

It was a hot day today so perfect canon for more stories like this:

UK PM pauses new freedoms in England; global new cases jump to 292,500, Irish Cup final played in front of fans; France confirms ‘marked increase’ in cases

WHO have confirmed the last 24hrs have broken the global record for confirmed new cases with 292,527 being announced. The global death count is now at 675,167.

Whilst Witty has said that the UK is now at the limit of how far lockdown restrictions can be eased as Johnson warns that the public must adhere to the rules on social conduct or risk a Second National Lockdown. On 01 July 1 in 2000 people were estimated to be infected, as of today that figure is 1 in 1500.

Comment

It's like writing 'what a bunch of Diwallies ' , it may not be intended to target any community by the writer but from a distance looks in bad taste and aimed at a small group.

I said before I wouldn't say anything usually and I regret doing so already. It just looks out of touch and misjudged.

Comment

Don't worry mate, no one's going to scream about how you're PC gone mad

The nation's become considerably more hostile over the past decade if you're a minority; a little consideration goes a long way.

Comment

I locked the thread so we don't have two going at the same time, but I've also taken out the subtitle pun.
                      We know there's no malice behind it, but it's best to avoid any misunderstanding.

Comment

Interesting yesterday doing my main shop in NW London on the hottest day of the year that the supermarket was emptier than it has been for a month ie. before the strict controls of the numbers in the store was eased. Social distancing really was not an issue.

My guess is everyone had taken the day off, gone down to the coast and were sunning themselves on the beach along with thousands of others.

Comment

Can confirm that. Southend was rammed yesterday with outside visitors and canvey too. Still, was in and out the shops i had to go in within minutes each so suited me.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I locked the thread so we don't have two going at the same time, but I've also taken out the subtitle pun.
                            We know there's no malice behind it, but it's best to avoid any misunderstanding.
                            Totally agree but can we get a final pun in there? It looks so... bare.

Comment

Agreed. The thread looks spaffed without a subtitle.

Comment

Working...
                              X