United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    This gunboat nonsense really highlights the underpinnings of the whole Brexit misadventure. The only constant from day 1 of this reckless Tory party political gamble has been jingoism and patriotism of the most juvenile kind. It started with "they're coming over ere stealing our jobs" (jobs that Brits won't do) and ends with "they're coming over ere stealing our fish" (fish that Brits won't eat). Standing in passport control going into Europe from now on and having to separated out and identified with this ****-shower will be embarrassingly as hell.
    Threatening an allied nation, and a NATO ally at that, with force, even if as political theatre – that’s the Tories doing Putin’s work for him. (And the Tories would love nothing more than to turn Britain into a Russian-style authoritarian state run for oligarchs. They’re already more than halfway there.)

Comment

I'm reading all over the media that negotiators are ready to go the "extra mile" to get a deal. Well I bet that EU lot won't! Knowing them they'll only go the "extra kilometre" and then go on strike and smoke Gitanes while there's still 600 yards still to go!

EDIT: you all have to give me a quid if Johnson uses this mile/kilometer disparity as a jokey excuse in a few days from now.
      Last edited by Golgo; 14-12-2020, 10:23.

Comment

Seeing Johnson’s sociopathic smirk whenever he talks about the “Australian deal”, I’m pretty much convinced they are 100% for no-deal, and are trying to stage the talks collapsing in a certain way. I hope the EU keep on successfully pre-empting the UK.gov’s moves.

Comment

Even the Australian PM has said the Australian EU deal sucks

Comment

Well if it’s an Australian not-deal for the UK our wine producers will be ok.

Comment

Says it all really...

Comment

That tweet has been criticised for comparing revenue with market cap, but the point still stands that there's a lot of fuss over the fishing industry when it's such a small part of our income.

Comment

Post Deleted (just remember my source info. for that snippet: my stepdad, a rabid Brexiteer)
                  Last edited by Golgo; 14-12-2020, 15:25.

Comment

The blocking issue is fairly easy to understand really.

The UK wants the same access to the EU marketplace it used to have with none of the market rules.

The EU says the UK can't have the same level of market access it used to have without the market rules.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 14-12-2020, 17:01.

Comment

Rise in South East cases could be because of a new Covid variant

-insert I don't believe you gif-

Comment

Oh you don't know this covid. She goes to another school.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          For Tuna, most of the rest of it comes from Norway & Iceland https://towardsdatascience.com/where...m-9457c90d4ff0 we land very little of our own Cod, so the UK is going to have to learn to love Mackerel.
                          I remember the Cod wars with Iceland when I were a lad - it's got nothing to do with training for the SAS by stabbing vegetables.

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                          Threatening an allied nation, and a NATO ally at that, with force, even if as political theatre – that’s the Tories doing Putin’s work for him. (And the Tories would love nothing more than to turn Britain into a Russian-style authoritarian state run for oligarchs. They’re already more than halfway there.)
                          They haven't been a NATO ally for that long though the French have been playing the NATexit hokey cokey, they were one of the founders then left in 66 - not sure if it was because we won the WC. It re-joined in 2009, not sure if the reason was it had won a WC itself and were easily a better footy team than us.

Comment

UK Medical Journals and Starmar call on the Government to abandon its restriction lifting plans for Christmas.

Comment

Bet the Tories can't wait to announce they're cancelling Xmas. This is like the Summer as well, announce what you like people won't cancel their plans. Cornerstone trademark all year > lifting lockdowns too early

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

New cases top 25,000 in a day on the back of days of higher numbers meaning in 2 weeks we've destroyed the progress made during the 4 week Lockdown 2.

This as Wales limits Xmas gatherings rules and lines the country up for Lockdown 3 straight out of Xmas.

Comment

Working...
                                X