United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by endo View Post
    Tinned potatoes? What fresh hell is this?
    I don’t mind tinned new pots, quite nice when camping etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
      The Welsh situation is nuts, I saw a supermarket where they'd covered up the microwaves as "non-essential". Too bad if your microwave packs in, eat a cold tin of potatoes.
      But you can still buy Vodka Hirst or the dog's waterproofs. Yes in Wales alcohol is more essential than clothing, the phone, the kid's toys or the humble kettle.

Welsh Labour are the numpties show; good for a laugh but nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        I don’t mind tinned new pots, quite nice when camping etc.
        Yep, super cheap and easy to cook. Perfect camping grub, not that I bet many of the Town boys even know what camping is
        Last edited by Team Andromeda; 25-10-2020, 10:07.

Comment

Re-nationalising the railways, outlawing the English from the terrain...it was all going so well for us Welsh!
          The shopping details of this lockdown, however, are quite bizarre.

Comment

I am more concerned that Drakeford can say something as an answer to a question one evening and it is literally LAW by the next day. Is that how laws are made? It is insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Yep, super cheap and easy to cook. Perfect camping grub, not that I bet many of the Town boys even know what camping is
              Something to do with fps games, or acting flamboyant.

Comment

So the levelled of new cases measure was 91,021
                This week the new cases total is 151,397

Levelling off.... *insert Sure Jan gif*

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                  Something to do with fps games, or acting flamboyant.
                  More like

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    So the levelled of new cases measure was 91,021
                    This week the new cases total is 151,397

Levelling off.... *insert Sure Jan gif*
                    Good news though, we should at least be able to crack the 1 million level this w/e.

Comment

Erm... okay:

Comment

Sounds unlikely to me, their website is dead (always has been by the look of it) and the owners of the brand name know nothing about it. Looks more like a hoax or bit of a weird joke.

Comment

A new study suggests that whatever the outcome of COVID is, herd immunity is completely off the table

Comment

While the study itself is important, I can't possibly comprehend why herd immunity is still something even slightly talked about or mentioned. This study fits with what it seems scientists already thought based on the evidence we have and fits with speculation even before we had that info, based on what we know of similar viruses. Is that the plural? Virii?

The one positive, however, is given the months we've now been dealing with this, it does feel like the instances of reinfection are very low. So it could be just very like the current flu jabs - short term immunity for most people. Pharma companies will love that because they can keep selling it to people each and every year.

Comment

Yep, suppression till seasonal vaccine seems the most likely path to sorting this. Then very serious questions need asking and answering as the prepardness for this scenario has been woeful across the board and another case is when not if, next time it could be something far worse too.

Comment

One game-changer regardless of vaccine will be cheap, quick home tests. I see Boots are doing a quick test now, or at least I saw a headline to that effect. If you could pick up a quick home test cheaply, you could do things like, for example, plan a night out at a friend's house. All test before you go out and off you go if you're clear. If people behaved themselves, it could conceivably close to wipe out the virus because everyone could test and those who test positive could isolate.

Do I trust people to behave themselves? I do not.

Comment

Working...
                                X