United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saif View Post
    Frankly, as a country, we decided that when deaths were *only* 100 or so per day, it was all over. 100 deaths per day was acceptable. And when the number eventually falls to 500 per day, the country will again say "woohoo" that is acceptable now.
    Just saw today's death figures of 1290 and thought "Phew, only 1290, they're not gone higher than 1820 from yesterday."

"Just" 1290 deaths.
    This has totally skewed our perspective.

Comment

Still better perspective than me

I just look at the figures now & think "but when are getting out of lockdown"

I'm just numb to the figures now

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        "Just" 1290 deaths.
        This has totally skewed our perspective.
        If you think about it in terms of Airbus A320s colliding with the side of a mountain, it's just 7 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          If you think about it in terms of Airbus A320s colliding with the side of a mountain, it's just 7 of them.
          Jesus H Christ, is it really that many?? That puts it into perspective.

Comment

Yesterday's figure amounted to 1.26 deaths for every minute of the day. Today it amounts to just 0.9 deaths per minute.

Comment

Brilliant Marty.

Yes 7 of these - all economy;

Or 9 of these biz + economy;
              [

Comment

In terms of Titanics hitting icebergs, it's only 0.39 of those.

Comment

In terms of Titanics hitting icebergs, it's only 0.39 of those.
                  Well if its only 0.39 of those i’m fine with that, much more savoury number, just leave the titanic bit out and were good to end the lockdown. Good job marty your basically a politician already 🙂

Comment

Working...
                  X