Microsoft Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Flight Simulator

It's back, and it looks incredible. I've got a feeling it'll bring my PC to its knees though. At least one of the comments mentions it being crash happy with anything less than 16GB RAM (I have 8GB),

The release date is 20/08/2020.

Decent internet connection too as the data totals several petabytes so you can’t just install it all, it has to stream it in

Comment

This looks so cool. Remarkable graphics and I’ve never played a real flight sim, so would be so intrigued to try this (esp with a HOTAS).

I was excited as I thought this would be coming to Bone, but I reckon they’ll push the Xbox release back to the point where they can just release it on Series X. I doubt this would run well on a One S at all.

Comment

Yeah, was waiting for it to be announced on Steam but now it has it will be a day one jobbie for me. I tried to get on the beta a while ago but failed but the positive previews and VR later this year means I'll be buying it.

Lucky I have fibre and a decent PC.

Comment

This looks great, I'd be in if there was more of a structure to the gameplay that appealed for me as it's otherwise too expensive for what I'd play it for and W10 Store isn't working once again because it continues to be the one thing that evades MS.

Comment

July... Microsoft in current gen graphics fiasco
            August... Microsoft in next gen graphics revelation

Comment

Neighbour has been playing it for ages as alpha etc. He's obsessed with it. He used to make interiors for the old games

Comment

I'm so hyped to just fly around the world and do some digital sightseeing. This makes me want to invest in a decent flightstick.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Neighbour has been playing it for ages as alpha etc. He's obsessed with it. He used to make interiors for the old games
                  Yeah my mate in Australia has been playing it religiously as well... Loves it. He used to fly small planes interstate there before he had kids so he's now doing it virtually and has been saying it's almost 1:1 accurate landscape.

He also said he desperately wants it to get VR support for Oculus Quest (his new toy) but doesn't support it yet...

Comment

That looks incredible, remember playing it on the Amiga and was blown away then.

Comment

Looks fantastic and will be great to see on Xbox One too (maybe XSX/S?).

Reminds me bumped into these guys last year; https://www.twitch.tv/simfestuk or https://simfest.co.uk/

A group of 15 or so people who built a full size cockpit aiming to be a replica of a Boeing 747-400 in their garage. Which uses actual discarded cockpit parts and fittings etc. Although they fly on Microsoft Simulator X they do so for charity and have raised over £150k since launching. Seemed rude not to donate to them.

Comment

Been watching heaps of vids of this. It looks UNBELIEVABLE.

Comment

It's on game pass so I'm tempted to install it just to see if I can crash into my house.

Comment

If anyone wants to fly to Wakefield Westgate train station and see if my old Mazda 323 is still parked on top of the multi-storey (like it is on Google Earth) I'd appreciate it.

Comment

A nice video showing off how far the series (and games in general) have come.

Comment

Working...
                              X