Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems okay my end.

Comment

had a quick go using streaming option while 100 odd gb's was finishing off (80ish atm), first game this generation that's made me say 'wow', basically this and Rift apart are graphically and technically above everything else by leagues.

Comment

I gave up. Got to 1am on the 28th and still could play so off to bed I went. It's now just gone 8am, sitting on the train yawning my head off. Hopefully tonight. Not keen on having to download an update after the initial 90 odd GB download.

Comment

Just started playing on my Series S. Initial thoughts:

Next-gen graphics, last-gen loading times

It’s beautiful. When I tried it on my PC last year, I had to make it look like Flight Sim 98 to get any performance out of it. This, on the other hand, has changed my view of what the Series S is capable of.

I pre-installed everything(base+offline world) a few days ago and enabled auto-updates to avoid any surprises. I was able to get straight into the game with no extra downloads involved. There are no updates showing up even if I force a check.

Comment

I had an hour stint on it last night after watching TV and downloading all the world packs and extra gigs via remote play on my tablet.

It looked and played well on my tablet just via remote play, it's actually a perfect game for that being 30fps and high resolution. Did the Bora Bora flight to show the wife where we went on honeymoon...

When I did eventually get on the big TV my jaw honestly dropped. I went and did a bit where you can fly past animals so I picked Rhino's and with the sun set in the background it looked glorious.

Also flew past the harbour in Sydney and it was equally sharp though the Harbour Bridge looked flat and wrong so not sure if there is an Australian pack to download?

All up it plays very nicely on Series X. They've really done a fantastic job on console.

Comment

I suggest to fly near and through a thunderstorm. The volumetric effects are gorgeous.

Comment

Can I play this on my Xbox One?

I don't have a Series S'Xpress.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Afraid not.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

They're apparently looking at adding it to Xbox Cloud Streaming which means you would be able to use it that way.

It might actually not be that bad as an experience either though you'd want a really good internet connection.

Comment

I didn’t realise that, that would be cool.

Wish I could play this, but to be honest I’m not getting much use at all out of my PS5 right now, so it would be insane to buy a new Xbox. I’ll play it when I get a machine down the line for Starfield though. It looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        They're apparently looking at adding it to Xbox Cloud Streaming which means you would be able to use it that way.

It might actually not be that bad as an experience either though you'd want a really good internet connection.
                        Why would the connection need to be any better than for any other streamed XCloud game?

Comment

Heading from Narita to my flat in a storm at night. Live time and weather are great, but my jaw dropped when I found the in-game weather button to change them on the fly(ha ha).

It’s beyond beautiful, and the hum of the plane engines and bellowing thunder coming out the rear speakers are the icing on the cake.

I just wish the Xbox controllers had nice rumble like the Switch and PS5. The controller just starts rumbling like it’s only got one setting.

Interestingly, I get a Windows mouse cursor in the top-left corner briefly at startup(before the Asobo logo, etc). Also, when I choose load/save, it tells me about .flt and .pln files like I’m on a PC. Cool!

Comment

Plug in a mouse and you'll be able to move it

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Plug in a mouse and you'll be able to move it
                              Haha, I did! Well, I connected my keyboard+trackpad combo so I could enter GPS coordinates more easily.

Then I gave the cursor a little wiggle

Comment

Anyone object if I rename this to just be a flight sim thread? I see there are a few folk enjoying MSFS and I wonder if they might be tempted to venture further afield or want to chat about retro flight sims etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X