No announcement yet.

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd give it a quick try on Xbox given it's now 27th July, but it still says "see you on the 27th", so anyone expecting to get a midnight launch is going to be disappointed. I'll have another look in the morning.

Comment

4pm tomorrow

Last edited by hudson; 26-07-2021, 23:30.

Comment

Try changing your region to Australia/NZ?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          4pm tomorrow
          4pm? Pfft, that's more like July 28th .

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Try changing your region to Australia/NZ?
          I'm not that bothered, but looking at the above chart, it wouldn't work anyway, they actually are unlocking on the 28th.

Comment

Yeah sorry it was real early when I posted that. Makes no difference...

I just remember when I lived in Sydney but bought from other regions you could unlock it early due to the time zone.

Comment

Due to the live streaming the game launches simultaneously globally, no way to get round it !

Comment

Bloody hell, it's 11:05 pm here but I still can't play. Git to wait until 12am. That's the 28th, not 27th

Comment

By the way this also made me realise the settings on this forum were still Sydney time for me which explains why multiple posts were appearing above my own reply that I've never seen before ...

Fixed that. Thought I was going mad there for a while...

Comment

Game finally “live”, need to download a 28g patch, and then got as far as 1 menu screen before it’s now stuck on “checking for updates”. Sigh...

Comment

This seems like a complex download situation. Is this normal for Xbox gamepass?

Comment

I just found out this was made by Asobo, which makes me happy.

Years ago, they made FUEL for the PS360, which was a mediocre racing game that took place in the most technically advanced procedural game-world I'd ever seen. It was clear where their priorities were, and it's nice to see they've moved on to a product which is better suited to their skillset.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I just found out this was made by Asobo, which makes me happy.

Years ago, they made FUEL for the PS360, which was a mediocre racing game that took place in the most technically advanced procedural game-world I'd ever seen. It was clear where their priorities were, and it's nice to see they've moved on to a product which is better suited to their skillset.
                          I loved Fuel! The map was ridiculously big.

90 something gig download means I might be able to play this sometime next week

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            This seems like a complex download situation. Is this normal for Xbox gamepass?
                            Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
                              Game finally “live”, need to download a 28g patch, and then got as far as 1 menu screen before it’s now stuck on “checking for updates”. Sigh...
                              This happened to me on PC iirc. It eventually came to life after an hour or so. Checking Xbox now...
                              Last edited by hudson; 27-07-2021, 17:06.

Comment

I would maybe wait a day...

Comment

Working...
                                X