No announcement yet.

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuinely, if you'd have said to people back at the peak era of the 360 that in 2020 Microsoft would be launching a next-next generation console but the single most impressive thing they do all year would be the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator they'd say you were nuts. It's amazing how good this looks.

Comment

I want this so bad but I don’t have a PC. *sob*

Looks incredible.

Comment

Stream it via xCloud?

Comment

Good idea! Unfortunately I don’t think it has been announced for XCloud yet. It will happen at some point I’m sure.

Comment

At the moment xCloud is only supporting Xbox One titles because the blade servers they're using to support it are in fact Xbox One S level hardware.

MS have said they'll eventually upgrade this over timento what I'd assume is going to be Xbox Series S (or I guess one X? But probably not if that is discontinued)... So it's not running PC titles.

Best bet is it goes into Game Pass for XSX. Or maybe it's possible to play it via some PC streaming service like Shadow?

Comment

Btw... This is a great read on Flight Simulator tech:

Comment

Anyone getting the physical release? 531,914 DVDs

Comment

I am. Can't pass on a manual.

Comment

Heads up for people on Xbox Game Pass, if you change your PC regional setting to New Zealand/Australia, you can download it now using the Xbox windows app. Im guessing if you have purchased outright through Windows store you can do the same.

Im on a decent 90mbps connection but its taking a long while, rather than downloading all at once the launcher seems to download files, then uncompresses them as you go, so occasionally it hangs for ages not doing anything as it installs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Anyone getting the physical release? 531,914 DVDs
                      Just ten, but it's a nice physical release for this day and age.

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      I am. Can't pass on a manual.
                      Memories of photocopying the manual of Falcon 3.0 because of the game's copy protection came flooding back... I don't know why I bothered, I was never good at flight simulators and always lost interest in them after fooling around for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                        Heads up for people on Xbox Game Pass, if you change your PC regional setting to New Zealand/Australia, you can download it now using the Xbox windows app. Im guessing if you have purchased outright through Windows store you can do the same.

Im on a decent 90mbps connection but its taking a long while, rather than downloading all at once the launcher seems to download files, then uncompresses them as you go, so occasionally it hangs for ages not doing anything as it installs.
                        Seems to be stuck on the below for me, nothing appears to be progressing - I wonder if by setting the region to NZ it's trying to be clever and downloading from a local NZ server. Seems pretty daft to lock the game out given the ease of the workaround.

Comment

Gamepassing the pc version pre-download, 150gb odd eeeek. Had to stick on mechanical drive, feel like a sinner.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            Seems to be stuck on the below for me, nothing appears to be progressing - I wonder if by setting the region to NZ it's trying to be clever and downloading from a local NZ server. Seems pretty daft to lock the game out given the ease of the workaround.

Come out of that and reload it, i had that a few times but after a couple of opening and closing it brought up a proper downloader. Be warned its taking a long time. Not sure if its a download issue or that fact its downloading and uncrompressing as it goes. I was going well, done 26gigs in about 2 hours but its taken 1 hour to do literally 2gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              Gamepassing the pc version pre-download, 150gb odd eeeek. Had to stick on mechanical drive, feel like a sinner.
                              Can you split installation or it's just one location? I have only 146GB on my SSD, will have to delete a couple of games to make space.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                Can you split installation or it's just one location? I have only 146GB on my SSD, will have to delete a couple of games to make space.
                                Dont think you can, at least from what i can tell fromt the downloader. Just lets you select one folder from what i can tell. If you are downloading the base game the download is only like 92GB though not sure if this will be the case after fully downloading and uncrompressing etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X