No announcement yet.

Yuzo Koshiro is on Radio 1 tonight at 2am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't referring to your post at all, just in case, I just randomly decided to add to the thread because I've been a fan of those works for so long. And I still wonder how he did it at that age, what an accomplishment. I would've probably retired straight after.
    Last edited by monel; 05-08-2020, 20:43.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      I didn't want to bring up the fact that I was 7 when Streets of Rage came out, but if you insist
      Lol, kids. You know nothing,

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        I can't believe you guys have never noticed that. I did way back when Bare Knuckle 1 was released. It was the first thing I said to my brother. "hey, listen to my Mega Drive do Enigma." or something like that I said.
        Maybe I'm just an old fart and was in to music quite a bit back then.
        Me too! In fact...it somehow cheapened that SOR choon. I HATED 'Sadness'. I'd put it in the Robert Miles 'Children' camp...and it would be a concentration camp, with gases. Two choonz that are so damn vulgarly OBVIOUS, easy chart-toppers.

I was more into 808 State, at the time. I still am. They are genii. But however much I hate 'Sadness', I can't deny Yuzo did an absofuccinLOOTely brillo job incorporating that soundscape into the game, it really DID sound just like the actual chart music of the time, much of the time.

Comment

I might be wrong but this drum break was used a lot at the time and I associated it with Soul ii Soul as a kid. He used some Maxi Priest , too I think . Basically soaked up the sounds of the coming 90s and made cutting edge video game music.

Comment

^yeah, it was kinda everywhere in dancey choonz at the time, it was *everywhere*. Same with a lot of early 90s hip hop breaks (got me into Parliament and funk in general so I'm not complaining, I'm glad I was there to absorb it into my soul).

I won't have a listen tonite cos off to Filey for my mate's bday for two nites tomoz so gotta get up early but how nice for Yuzo to get a spot on British radio, HURRAH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              He used some Maxi Priest , too I think .
              The last stage on the first one (with the tea trolleys zooming down the corridor).

Comment

Working...
              X