Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Are you not countering drive impacts with drive impacts? I wouldn't even bother trying to break a drive impact with hits, you can also throw people out of them too. Neutral jump works too
    Heeeeeell no. Not on reaction. 🤣

Honestly my reflexes aren't what they once were. I used to be great at Dead or Alive, not since turning past 35 😅

Comment

Dude I'm 48 this year.

Comment

1. By your own admission you're having to get two moves out in order to stop a DI! It is absolutely intended for you to react with a DI in kind!
        2. Your meagre age is no excuse!
        3. GET YOUR ASSES TO FIRST PLAY

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Heeeeeell no. Not on reaction. 藍

Honestly my reflexes aren't what they once were. I used to be great at Dead or Alive, not since turning past 35 
          I'm actually surprised how much time you're given to react to a DI. For example, I can do Marisa's medium punch target combo (2 hits) right into a DI and then mash out my own DI for the counter and punish hard. I was fighting a gold Juri yesterday that was absolutely just throwing them out. Fair play to them they got 3 games from me but then we played on once I'd gotten used to them throwing them out willy-nilly I pulled a 26 game streak against them. Might even be worth rebinding DI to another button? This seems mighty popular amongst pros, along with parry and even 2x kick (for Ken use mostly it seems).

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            I'm actually surprised how much time you're given to react to a DI. For example, I can do Marisa's medium punch target combo (2 hits) right into a DI and then mash out my own DI for the counter and punish hard. I was fighting a gold Juri yesterday that was absolutely just throwing them out. Fair play to them they got 3 games from me but then we played on once I'd gotten used to them throwing them out willy-nilly I pulled a 26 game streak against them. Might even be worth rebinding DI to another button? This seems mighty popular amongst pros, along with parry and even 2x kick (for Ken use mostly it seems).
            I don't get it; I'm gonna have to look at replays. I didn't manage to break a DI earlier when I jabbed it, and upon realising, immediately tried 2 follow-up jabs for the three. The third jab didn't make it in time.

I throw people out of them pretty regularly; that's the only way I tend to beat them. But in that scenario, it tends to be because I've pre-empted the DI, not reacted to it.

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Dude I'm 48 this year.
            Everyone's different I guess. I just know that when I was in my early 20s, I played the Dead or Alive series and hit top ranking as Tina, using a strategy that almost entirely relied on counter-holds and throw breaks; along with Virtua Fighter characters who had a similar gameplan. To the degree where I wondered why other people didn't do this, as it felt like an easy way to win. I would score counters numerous times a round, to the point where it was most of my damage. I used to play Soul Calibur and for fun, spend hours in training with both characters with infinite health, just doing tons and tons of guard cancels and guard parries.

These days I struggle to respond to really quite basic stuff in fighting games. Like I said above; I'm finding it really hard to dive impact. I'm even getting hit sometimes off raw jump-ins because I don't get to it fast enough. It's actually kinda bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I don't get it; I'm gonna have to look at replays. I didn't manage to break a DI earlier when I jabbed it, and upon realising, immediately tried 2 follow-up jabs for the three. The third jab didn't make it in time.
              Right, so instead of the follow up jabs you could have done your own DI to counter.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X