Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter VI

Could all be rubbish, but the speculation is that the Season Pass 5 development for Street Fighter V is because Street Fighter VI was supposed to come out in 2021 but has been rejected internally at Capcom. Developed with team mechanics as part of it, the game was received so poorly that Ono was demoted and a new team took over the project knocking it back a year.

The game is supposed to be coming along much better now so presumably is tracking for a 2022 reveal and release.

Sounds plausible to me and the timings would work out, as Street Fighter V has actually been out for ages now.

Comment

They seem to be rattling these out when you compare the gap between 2 and 3, 3 and 4.

I can't say I didn't enjoy 5, but it's definitely lost a level of stank compared to the 2D games. I rather have a 2D Alpha 4 any day.

Comment

That or some sort of proper follow-up to Third Strike would be amazing.
        I'm still enjoying V for now though, which finally ended up being a great game after the absolute balls-up they made of the release.

Comment

I love the series and I think V now with all it's content is pretty amazing. However, after dropping out a couple of years ago wwith my tales between my legs, I don't find it as fun as I used to with mates (who were not as good). Nowadays, in these eSport tournament mentality frame data poking cancellling kara mix-up times, I feel like billy scrub and his amazon basics controller will be told to "go home and be a family ham".

Comment

If the phrase eSport is mentioned at all in the run up to SF6's launch it'll be losing my sale immediately. Hopefully SF6 focuses on the wider market first and a tiny niche audience second.

Comment

It's come out recently that they did the same thing with SFIV, when they were developing V. We got Ultra Street Fighter IV because their initial SFV prototype was complete ass and they had to start over, then they rushed out the awful launch version of SFV.

I don't get on well with team games, or tagging and I don't want to see that in Street Fighter tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                I love the series and I think V now with all it's content is pretty amazing. However, after dropping out a couple of years ago wwith my tales between my legs, I don't find it as fun as I used to with mates (who were not as good). Nowadays, in these eSport tournament mentality frame data poking cancellling kara mix-up times, I feel like billy scrub and his amazon basics controller will be told to "go home and be a family ham".
                I feel a bit the same way. The default standard is a lot higher these days. Even so, I do alright, though I've been on a bit of a losing streak the last week. But you will have to pull the stick out of my cold, dead hands before I give up my jumping HK, crouching MK, DP/FB combos.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                  I feel a bit the same way. The default standard is a lot higher these days. Even so, I do alright, though I've been on a bit of a losing streak the last week. But you will have to pull the stick out of my cold, dead hands before I give up my jumping HK, crouching MK, DP/FB combos.
                  Yeah. I do like the tactical aspect to be fair. I have my Birdie combos, pokes and anti-airs. I'm just getting old and don't have the time to put into it. Plus the fume when on a losing streak can be hard to take to bed lol.

Comment

I played V when it came out and then again recently. I don't like most of the characters but the game has become a lot of fun. Some of the stages are very nice, especially the colours used. If they had the whole game as good as those bits it would be stunning to me.

I didn't like 4 at all. After years away I'm shocked you have to buy everything it's not what I'm used to at at all. Whether with money or spending dozens of hours to unlock something.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      Yeah. I do like the tactical aspect to be fair. I have my Birdie combos, pokes and anti-airs. I'm just getting old and don't have the time to put into it. Plus the fume when on a losing streak can be hard to take to bed lol.
                      I know what you mean. I try to play earlier rather than later, as I get too hepped up before going to bed otherwise.

Comment

SFV i could not click with, though i tend to go with more combo heavy games and I did like the first beta though if you saw the first trailer for the game there was a lot of cool looking stuff that you cannot do in the full game like off the ground attacks.

I guess a lot of influence came from Killer instinct with some mechanics and its seasons....but Killer instinct the first season was only 20 bucks and SFV was 60, and with SFV they kept adding content and noticed characters got more fun to play as....but still meant some of the earlier characters were less fun and while they have done a overhaul i still wish it was more over the top and had a bit of a graphics polish (still bugs me Kens hair still glitches through his shoulder on character screen).

Oh and it does infuriate me that even if you buy the champion edition upgrade there are still stages locked behind a paywall

First trailer here of V to show what i mean
                        Last edited by eastyy; 06-08-2020, 15:07.

Comment

I'd read about this recently and although it could be rumours the staggered release of SFV's last season would support the story. If Capcom learns anything hopefully it would be to not rush the initial release of SFVI out (or at least put in more options than versus and survival).

Maybe Capcom could work on a different fighter rather than get the next numbered SF out to fans.

Comment

Capcom's leak suggests Street Fighter VI will launch on PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4, Xbox Series S/X and Playstation 5

Comment

I hope they bring this out as a more complete package at release. I love the series, but the drip feeding that's been going on here has stopped me from ever getting SFV.

Comment

Working...
                              X