Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    The thing with GAAS is that I'd argue the only games that make it work tend to be those that are THE game of the season.

Genshin Impact did really well, but it's absolutely the definitive mobile game of its type. Warzone is Call of Duty.

Even in Mortal Kombat's case; there really are only three fighting game brands these days; Tekken, SF and MK, and I'm not sure the community is big enough to make all three of those services a success.

Maybe I'm just negative because both The Avengers and Gotham Knights seem to have gone down the same route and neither was a success as a live service.
    Avengers and Gotham Knights where bad games which shoe horned their live service elements into the game, Sucker punch have the pedigree of making decent games, in fact when Gotham knight came out i remember seeing direct comparisons to how bland and empty the city was compared to Arkaham city which was a ps3 game. Rocksteadys Batman games where amazingly well put together so i have faith that that it will at least play well.

Comment

Comment

This one has wait and see written all over it... What is scary is this might potentially sink Rocksteady altogether.

Comment

Looking at the state of the servers this all feels very Anthem like, One of the perks of the digital deluxe edition was being able to play three days early. No Review code was sent out to any outlets, so just like Anthem the first time that the likes of Eurogamer and others review outlets get to play it is with the public which is never confidence inspiring.

It's a real shame if this comes in DOA as the IP is Decent the Dev is decent, but this feels like it's going to be a massive bomb There was massive negativity when it was shown off and the majority of people that played the previews have all come back saying It's just not fun to play.

Comment

Given the direction WB games have been headed hopefully this acts as a slap in their face. The common sense move now would be to shift Rocksteady onto making a true next gen non-GAAS Batman: Arkham 5

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Given the direction WB games have been headed hopefully this acts as a slap in their face. The common sense move now would be to shift Rocksteady onto making a true next gen non-GAAS Batman: Arkham 5
              All they needed to do was go back to the Arkham trilogy and put out a next-gen patch whilst working on the next iteration. What baffles me is they managed to push it out for Switch and add the newer costumes to those titles but never bothered with a patch to bring them up to date for the newer consoles.

This title may end up being called "GaaS killed the rocksteady crew" more than anything else.

Comment

Watched a vid of the first Area of this on my lunch, was really surprised how much of an incel the YouTuber was as he was kicking off about Harley Quinn stealing Batmans game are people really taking this view???

Got a good look at how it plays and hmm. First level is very liner with you following a broken road on multiple levels, it looks more like a 3rd person platform shooter hybrid, almost like a Rachet and Clank game, the broken up multilevel nature of it where you're using super jumps and jetpacks to get around looked very familiar.

Gun play looks pretty standard, for the most part Deadshot jetpacking about and shooting in the air looked very like Anthem. It doesn't look horrendous but then it doesn't look amazing either. Im predicting lots of 6-7s across the board. One thing that stood out was the forced banter between the team was really badly written and I imagine will get old pretty fast.

No doubt this will be getting a heavy discount or turning up on gamepass very quickly.

Edit ---------

it's down for a second time in 24 hours and has been taken offline for scheduled maintenance

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has been taken offline for the second time in 24 hours, leaving players who paid…

I bet the people that paid £100 for early access to the game are loving that always online nature of this, as even if you're playing solo you have to log into the servers to play.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 30-01-2024, 13:20.

Comment

To me it is like they had a game already made and someone said now make it based on Suicide squad and justice league and so had to put that skin and elements over it

Comment

I've been watching gigaboots play through it, what a truly awful game and that's just the terrible gameplay being unengaging from the movement, the boss fights, grinding to unlock 'P' to open missions, doesn't even finish the story, advertising an endgame and finishing the story by paying the season pass (one, which isn't out yet) and the in-universe eulogy for Batman (Kevin Convoy) at the end was so extremely thoughtless in execution.

Clearly anyone with talent left the studio years ago and WB interference in trying push any ready dead Suicide Squad brand and GAAS have made this a flop. I hope it kills shambling corpse of rocksteady.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                      Clearly anyone with talent left the studio years ago and WB interference in trying push any ready dead Suicide Squad brand and GAAS have made this a flop. I hope it kills shambling corpse of rocksteady.
                      Both studio heads left mid-development, now we know why.

Been reading about the end game in this, and it's pure bull****, you're essentially time-gated into seasons every season introduces 3 new versions of the same character (you need to take down 18 different versions of them to finish the story). grinding for loot and levels is the way to get strong enough to beat them, so that's what you have to do each season, with weapon caps and level caps upped each season.

So what's the bet that this is caned like so many other live service games when sales of the season pass and base game fail to hit targets. Leaving people who got this with an unfinished game and story, going the way of Anthem and many other failed live service games before it. This has straight to Gamepass, PS+ written all over it, give it 3–6 months before you too can pay £20 for skins and £20 for a season pass.

Comment

Working...
                      X