Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to get enthusiastic about the launch of this, but the line up of games is seriously grim. Will still pick one up for the performance boosts at some point.

Anyone know how BC 360 games will fare? In particular the orange box? Would be nice to see half life 2 running in 4k @ 60fps.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      I am trying to get enthusiastic about the launch of this, but the line up of games is seriously grim. Will still pick one up for the performance boosts at some point.

Anyone know how BC 360 games will fare? In particular the orange box? Would be nice to see half life 2 running in 4k @ 60fps.
      Well practically every title will be BC for starters and most will make use of auto-HDR where they've added a HDR effect even to older games that don't support it.

Don't go expecting 4K60 on specific titles though. If the game in question was not frame-rate locked then there is every chance it will now run at the maximum limit permitted by it... but its a case by case basis and on 360 titles there's every chance they were locked to 30fps and maybe at a low resolution.

That said, they should still look sharper and load quicker on the new hardware.

Digital Foundry did a great deal of footage on specific titles so recommend you go check that out. I know Jeff Grubb did a run through of auto HDR here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nx15x5IUY

Comment

UNIMAGINABLE COSMIC POWER!!!
        itti bitty living space.

Comment

I only got to chapter 2 on gears 5 as there was so much to play , so first up I’m going to test the series x with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            Yep Halo Infinite is definitely MIA and that is a bit disappointing... but it was the right decision.

Is it wrong that I really want to see Cyberpunk running on the Series S/X and PS5? Because while I am excited for next week its also (hopefully) one more month till that drops into existence.
            I won’t buy Cyberpunk until the next gen patch is available.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
              I won’t buy Cyberpunk until the next gen patch is available.
              Not knowing when that is going to drop I couldn't really wait personally but I can understand why you would hang on for it ...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Not knowing when that is going to drop I couldn't really wait personally but I can understand why you would hang on for it ...
                Don’t get me wrong I could crack after seeing the One X review

Comment

Hehe... I only pre-ordered as it was super cheap on CDkeys a while back. Think I paid £44 for the digital version.

Comment

NOT LONG NOW, GUYS!

FOUR DAYS LEFT!!!!!

Comment

In the games shown below the seriesX loads the games faster.
                      There is alot going on here though. Most of the loading of these games are handled by the CPU and the seriesX cpu is clocked higher. Also most of the games on the seriesX are running at a lower resolution which may or may not have an effect.
                      Id like to see a much deeper dive. Overall though, shorter load times all round.

Comment

I don't think it really matters though does it?

All of these consoles are loading stuff quick as anything. Backward compatible support is looking rosy across them all... Etc... We might be missing some big hitter new games depending what you like to play but from a hardware standpoint I think all 3 consoles (yes even series S) are looking like next gen is going to be fun.

Yes I guess I'm a little hyped now but honestly, apart from limited SSD space being an issue these consoles are sounding like a good news story all round.

About time 2020.

Comment

Both consoles seem to run very quiet too. Around 37db. Roughly the sound a laptop makes.
                          Ps4 Pro is about 50-60db.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Both consoles seem to run very quiet too. Around 37db. Roughly the sound a laptop makes.
                            Ps4 Pro is about 50-60db.
                            With great power comes great volume

Comment

“High” and “Ultra”

"In the case of Gears 5 on Series S, you can crank the frame rate up to 120 fps on compatible displays for its versus mode—which is pretty mind-blowing. Sure, it's running below 1080p resolution at that point, but temporal antialiasing (TAA) does a good job of resolving those images clearly enough for high-speed online play. If you like the idea of buying a cheaper, "second" console for your home or as a Christmas gift—particularly for someone young who prefers high-speed shooters like CoD or Fortnite—then Gears 5 on Series S is a good sign of what's to come (at least, for games that are willing to trade fidelity and details for frames).

Play the same games on Series X, of course, and you're looking at visual settings on par with "high" or even "ultra" on PC. Sea of Thieves's massive ocean waves roll with high geometric detail and high-fidelity reflection textures. FH4's LoD nearly hits the horizon (pun intended), and 4K resolution makes those distant blades of grass pop all the more. And Gears 5 has a new "global illumination" pass that produces more natural lighting than even the PC version (though that build will eventually get the same Xbox Series upgrade as a toggle). Its own 120 fps versus toggle benefits from higher resolution, as well, with something around 1440p enjoying a similarly clean TAA pixel presentation."

Comment

Make of this what you will to...like or dislike Jesus

Last edited by CAPCOM; 06-11-2020, 16:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X