X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard that elsewhere, too.

Damnit, I should have ordered one.

Comment

What are the chances they’ll make a series S with an optical drive down the line?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        What are the chances they’ll make a series S with an optical drive down the line?
        What are the chances on Brad getting a Series X?

Comment

Microsoft's junior new console is beautiful, affordable and arrives with access to the same games library as the Series X – but who is it for?

The Xbox Series X a speedy, silent gaming powerhouse – but generational leaps are hard to find yet
          Last edited by CAPCOM; 08-11-2020, 19:48.

Comment

I’m thinking pretty slim. Reviews seem to indicate the Quick Resume feature is great but I can’t imagine it’s so good if you have to go to find the disc. The Series S really is an all digital machine with features like the quick swapping of game being great for peeps binging on Game Pass.

Comment

Spawn Wave dissects the Series X and is impressed by the quality of the parts inside.

Comment

Spawn Wave is like MVG. A tuber who isn't a complete tool.

Comment

It would be good if disc-based games had a 24-hour grace period before you need to insert the disc again.

Even better, the console could just let you quick resume without the disc, but a 1-2 hour countdown timer will appear and pause the game when it reaches zero.

Considering quick resume is like hibernation, the disc would already have done its job acting as an unlock key when they game was initially booted so it’s possible that information is held in the hibernation file.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    What are the chances on Brad getting a Series X?
                    No next gen console for me. The S was appealing as a kind of awesome Xbox emulator but not if I have to buy the games digitally.

Comment

No next gen console for me. The S was appealing as a kind of awesome Xbox emulator but not if I have to buy the games digitally.
                      And it only runs the Xbox One S version of Xbox One games so a lot of titles at sub-1080.

Comment

Yeah I'd like to think there's some ceiling there to go back and add patching to some games there over and above the One S versions.

It's still impressive it's able to play all generations but the reality is the Series X does that so much better. If you can afford it you really should go for the bigger option.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          It would be good if disc-based games had a 24-hour grace period before you need to insert the disc again.

Even better, the console could just let you quick resume without the disc, but a 1-2 hour countdown timer will appear and pause the game when it reaches zero.

Considering quick resume is like hibernation, the disc would already have done its job acting as an unlock key when they game was initially booted so it’s possible that information is held in the hibernation file.
                          For all that extra tech specific to the one console it's probably not worth it. They want it to be a digital only unit as it serves to promote Game Pass and the Store.

Being digital only on Xbox isn't as restrictive as people make out. Rewards and global pricing makes it pretty open if you know how to do it and of course game pass gives you a healthy dose of content ongoing.

So I don't think we will see and optical drive, ever but I'd bank on a 1tb version popping up in the second half of next year.

512gb is really limiting although of course you can copy Series S games to another HDD, something I see PS5 had missed at launch (I'm sure Sony will add that asap).

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                            Spawn Wave is like MVG. A tuber who isn't a complete tool.
                            Spawn Wave is just like ReviewTechUSA and just reads all his news off the Web. MVG is so much better than both

Comment

So that's a no then?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Spawn Wave is just like ReviewTechUSA and just reads all his news off the Web. MVG is so much better than both
                                Yeah I can't stand ReviewTechUSA. It's quite funny because he gets a fair few people trolling his comments now pointing out his constant change of opinion.

Honestly there's Digital Foundry and then there's everybody else...

Comment

Working...
                                X