This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    It was already bloody gorgeous before. I played it on One X which is what? 4K30? I heard they're taking a 6K render in this and downsampling? Or straight 4K120.

It's an amazing game regardless.
    It's amazing in 120FPS , I rather Dirt V in 4K 60 FPS mind

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Oh, FFS!! Baby just won't settle this evening and we've had to watch Bake Off.
      You love bake off, stop acting hard done by!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        You love bake off, stop acting hard done by!
        Ssh!! You'll spoil my tough guy persona...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Ori in 120 FPS mode is something else
          I'd love to try that. Just recently finished will of the wisps. Sadly my TV can't do 4k at 120Htz. It tops out at 4K60.

Comment

Finally got on mine after the kids tried out Roblox

Downloaded a load of games I've been wanting to play such as PSO 2, Forza Horizon 4, Tetris Effect Connected, The Touryst, 3 Crackdown games, Halo MMC, Minecraft Dungeons, Grounded, Demon's Tilt, Lonely Mountains Downhill, Momodora, SoR4, Two Point Ozzy, Untitled Goose Game and even Sensible World of Soccer which was something I bought way back on 360.

Forza Horizon 4 is the only thing I've played so far. Loving it.

The Series S console is beautiful. The controller is a vibrating beast. Plus I love the UI.

I mean I'm rolling back the years here as I missed Xbox One gen. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              All that too, but off course it was about the games!

Who could forget launches like the ps2 with RRV and SFEX 3, the DC with VF 3TB, Blue stinger and Soul Calibur, the ps3 with RR7 and resistance and the original Xbox with Halo and DOA 3.
              Exactly - two games per console. Three if you were lucky

But I still remember seeing SFEX3 for the first time on The Big Breakfast. The sense of wonderment is gone now because we learn so much about things before we get them in our hands.

Maybe those days of wonderment are long gone? For me, getting consoles as presents is a much better feeling than buying them myself so I've been enjoying the newness of everything. There's a green paper thing in the console box that says "Jump In" and it gave me goosebumps.

Regarding the games themselves, MS were probably pining their hopes on Halo Infinite being their cool launch title but that didn't go down well at all. Then there's been Corona slowing down various aspects of development and distribution, so maybe some other games got pushed back.

I think the PS5 launch is better for next gen games(with Astrobot pre-installed and Spider-Man Miles Morales ready to go - heck, some people received their games before their PS5s!), whereas the Xbox is banking on backwards compatibility to placate existing customers until more next-gen games appear and also to entice people like me back to Xbox.

:new factoid:

I was downloading Halo MCC last night(120GB). However, once it had downloaded enough to start the game(3GB), I was able to go into the MCC options menu and turn off everything I didn't need(all games except for ODST and Reach campaigns for now) which dynamically changed the download size to around 40GB. That was classy.
              Last edited by randombs; 12-11-2020, 02:47.

Comment

Finally got up and running with this tonight. One element I am confused about is the Series X optimisation. I thought Ori and Will of the Wisps was optimised for Series X, which I thought meant it had to be installed on the internal drive. But I was running it completely from my USB expansion drive, and was still getting the options for 4K @ 120 ?

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
                  Finally got up and running with this tonight. One element I am confused about is the Series X optimisation. I thought Ori and Will of the Wisps was optimised for Series X, which I thought meant it had to be installed on the internal drive. But I was running it completely from my USB expansion drive, and was still getting the options for 4K @ 120 ?
                  The only optimisation you will miss out on is faster SSD loading if it’s on USB, you still get full system benefits like higher frame rates, better resolution etc.

Comment

Some need to be on the SSD to function but yeah other games it seems will still be able to run off external which is amazing to be fair. Sea of Thieves was another one a reviewer mentioned.

Forza Horizon 4 looks (and runs) amazing now. It's noticeable right from the off. Same can be said for Halo 5, which just feels like a different game on the Series X...

The UI also feels really snappy and probably the way it should have been years ago on the Xbox One. It wasn't bad on the One X a few weeks back but this is just fast and that's great.

Best thing of all though... Quick Resume. I don't think I can ever go back.

Biggest disappointment so far is Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered... It basically doesnt want to load on either of my consoles. It gets to the menu when you press start to begin and that just crashes it to dashboard. Well done EA, fantastic.

I might get a refund for now but honestly I loved that game and really wanted to play it last night.

Comment

Quick resume doesn't seem to work on Forza Horizon 4

Comment

Someone mentioned it already, but any games that need to be internal to play have a pair of arrows on their tile. Forza, Touryst and Tetris Effect have the arrows on my Xbox but Sea of Thieves doesn’t(even though it’s apparently optimised for X) so maybe the game devs can decide based on various factors

Comment

I know we’ve been let down by the usual tech analysis sites in this regard but I can confirm Völgarr the Viking looks great in HDR.
                          Oddly I went to try the 360 of Rez last night and couldn’t find it on the store. I thought that would scrub up a treat too.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            Quick resume doesn't seem to work on Forza Horizon 4
                            Worked for me going between Gears Tactics and AC Valhalla last night but only played Forza afterwards as it was downloading in the background.

I know MS turned the feature off for a few titles which had bugs so Forza was probably one of them.

Comment

Has anyone tried Perfect Dark (64 port) with the retro-fit HDR? Interested to know how the fake lighting performs.

Believe it or not that's the only game that's swaying me from sensibly wanting a PS5 more.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Has anyone tried Perfect Dark (64 port) with the retro-fit HDR? Interested to know how the fake lighting performs.

Believe it or not that's the only game that's swaying me from sensibly wanting a PS5 more.
                                I would check for you Dave but I've no HDR capable display in my house to verify it for you...

Comment

Working...
                                X