This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I wonder what the narrative elements are in Flight Simulator? Is there a homoerotic Top Gun section or something?

Comment

I wonder if they are building more of a structured campaign within it for an eventual console release. It could be a bit like Pilotwings - starting out with getting your licenses, and ending up with you flying military missions. All of that would require a team working on narrative and dialogue etc. It would also be pretty cool!

No idea what the other open world game might be. Hopefully something brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          I wonder if they are building more of a structured campaign within it for an eventual console release. It could be a bit like Pilotwings - starting out with getting your licenses, and ending up with you flying military missions. All of that would require a team working on narrative and dialogue etc. It would also be pretty cool!

No idea what the other open world game might be. Hopefully something brand new.
          It's never even thought of pilotwings but that sounds awesome...

Comment

It could definitely work but realistically the game will require cutbacks to run on Series S/X so it'll likely be a Console Edition rather than the full fat original. That being said, it's so sim-like in many ways you risk stripping the soul out of it, it's a great game but not one that's probably worth the effort required to make it work on the restrictions of Xbox

Comment

Restrictions? Most people are running it on less capable PCs than Xbox Series S/X I'd imagine.

Comment

Flight Sim better work on Series S!

150gb install on PC. Gulp

Comment

As powerful as the new consoles are they're nothing special in PC tech terms. The modern CPUs will help a game like Flight Simulator but to get the game running consistently with good settings you very quickly get into the territory of needing a quality net connection and godly beast of a PC. Consoles, with a ton of optimisation, could render a pretty entry level version of the game but there are a lot of things to tailor to controller, the GPU capabilities would still present a limit and its worth bearing in mind how much work the PC version still requires, its hugely impressive but its a 10yr project that is pretty content light and a long way from finished without considering a niche console edition

Comment

Anybody else bought a Venom double charger dock and battery packs?
                    I had one from Amazon and both battery packs are broke. The plastic pin on the lower side that slots into the bottom n the battery compartment were loose when I took the out of the pack.Will contact Amazon.

Comment

https://twitter.com/libretro/status/1326519063972098051 You could already do this on Xbox One, but it's good to get confirmation that it works on XSX/S, too. Here's some guides on how to activate developer mode; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/devkit-activation...

Enable developer mode on your Series S/X and you can install and run Retroarch

Comment

Dirt 5 Disc install 3.09GB Network Patch 69.39GB. I’ve got about 270GB left and I’ve got Call Of Duty coming. Shame the Seagate is a stupid price

Comment

I finally played another game this morning. I tried to play Halo 3 ODST but it kept sending me to the store to buy it, even though I have GamePass Ultimate. I think I messed something up adding/removing games during the initial download.

Anyway, I had a quick go on Ryse. I'd never played it before and it was glorious.

I also poked around the network settings and found a screen that tells you the current bandwidth and hourly usage.

I'm pretty sure I'll settle down into proper games as soon as I've bought the necessary SSDs this weekend.

Pretty sure...

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          https://www.resetera.com/threads/ret...v-mode.323971/
                          Enable developer mode on your Series S/X and you can install and run Retroarch
                          Sweet Jesus!

I had no idea this was a thing! 19 bucks is nothing! I wonder if it'll work with Xinput controllers so I can use my Hori Fighting pad and arcade stick...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                            Dirt 5 Disc install 3.09GB Network Patch 69.39GB. I’ve got about 270GB left and I’ve got Call Of Duty coming. Shame the Seagate is a stupid price
                            Just get an SSD off Amazone on Black Friday. I've only put games that use the velocity architecture on the Series X Drive, the rest I've put on a combination of my old 6 Gig hardware and an SSD.

Loving Dirt V and Ori on the Series X controls in series X games are fab its like instant controls

Comment

Question for anyone with an XBO and Series S/X - are the XBO controllers supposed to hardcore shake when the triggers vibrate?

I bought an XBO controller for my PC earlier this year(the grey one; newest type with bluetooth) and the vibration in regular games(e.g. Halo MCC) was fine but when I played Forza Horizon 4(which supports trigger vibration in Windows), the vibration was insane. Pardon the pun, but I just couldn't handle it and turned vibration off.

However, my Series S controllers are perfect. The trigger vibration is there but it just feels right. I'm not sure if my XBO controller is faulty(it doesn't make a noise when shaking it) or if vibration has just been refined with the XSX controller. I even did some proper testing:

I loaded up Forza Horizon 4 with the XSX controller, did some doughnuts, switched to the XBO controller and suddenly it was INSANE EARTHQUAKES. Switched to my other XSX controller and it was perfect again. Tried again with the XBO. Earthquake. XSX? Perfect.

Comment

I know you can specify where to install games but it would be nice if you could break that down further so X/S enhanced on the internal and everything else on the external.

Comment

Working...
                                X