Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      PAL: LOL. Next, you'll be saying JSRF was a launch game
      Well, it was in Europe wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BearBoy View Post
        Well, it was in Europe wasn't it?
        Great avatar

Comment

Well I was in Ireland at the time... I remember it being a launch game so yeah... It was a PAL launch game.

Comment

$599?!

200 consoles being given away with a total prize fun of $199,998

Comment

It literally says they made the prize value up in the tweet

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                It literally says they made the prize value up in the tweet
                Sssssssh, some people obviously won't read that far..

Comment

I'll be very surprised if they don't both come in at $600. At the very least.

Xbox might put all of their eggs into the Game Pass basket (in the hope of an eventual 100m+ subs) and sell at a loss. Who knows.

Comment

I think if the XSX comes in higher than the PS5 then that's a bad decision. Same price or lower... With Halo out of the launch window even more so.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      I'll be very surprised if they don't both come in at $600. At the very least.
                      I'd be suprised if both of them are more than $500. That's a price that a broad range of people will accept. I don't think we're at a point where $600 would be seen as attractive. Maybe in another 5-10 years.

Comment

I thinking (hoping) that it's $499 as well, for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                          I'd be suprised if both of them are more than $500. That's a price that a broad range of people will accept. I don't think we're at a point where $600 would be seen as attractive. Maybe in another 5-10 years.
                          Taking into account the tech in both consoles, $600 it's not an unreasonable price given you'd struggle to build an equivalent PC for the same money, but that's not going to translate well to the general consumer. They will sell out at launch at that price, but the tail will be short.

Also, given the existance of Xbox Series S (and the lower SKU PS5), these both point towards the higher spec machines being expensive - I do think that Microsoft need to undercut the price of PS5 though. If PS5 comes in $100 cheaper than XBX, they really will struggle to shift units, even if it had a gazillion TFPs under the hood.

I wouldn't buy either at $600 tbh, I'd rather use that money for a graphics card upgrade on the PC.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 18-08-2020, 07:30.

Comment

PS5 will be 399.

Comment

"Xbox Series X Looks Stylish In These New Pictures From An Event In Germany"

Comment

I mean...neither of these consoles are lookers but that really is just a black box.

Comment

Working...
                                X