This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    I imagine New Vegas 2 still won't happen. The bad blood Bethesda created on that will probably always be an issue and I can't imagine MS will push it on either. Of the different open RPG's we'll probably see The Outer Worlds 2 first.
    I'd rather they didn't tbh. They have their own thing going now and The Outer Worlds was a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Cepp; 22-09-2020, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

I think Forza Horizon is probably the best racing game of the current generation. It's not track bound and we've gone from it being limited in FH2 on 360 to now being wide open drive anywhere in FH3/4 and with weather and a 60fps mode. That game also handles great, plays great and has a tonne of potential.
      Forza Horizon is a different beast to track racing sims like Forza Motorsport and Project Cars etc... The focus being on making sure the game world looks really nice, seeing you spend loads of time driving around the map. I guess it's easier in some ways, because you say "We've got this little game world to explore, so let's focus on making things look really attractive."

With a sim racer, you have a more advanced physics engine and all sorts of real world tracks to painstakingly create. It's obvious that creators of sims have really struggled with current gen tech, even if the games look quite a bit nicer than what we had last gen.

So I guess that Forza Horizon 5 will probably have nicer environment details and higher quality assets than any sim racer. It will be interesting to see if creators of racing sims manage to boost the sense of realism with more convincing lighting, and nicer looking assets and environmental effects. I think it's really important to boost the sense of reality more than just creating higher res textures in 4K. Just making everything look sharper won't satisfy me -- I want far more convincing environments to go alongside the attractive car models.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 22-09-2020, 07:16.

Comment

Well not much luck securing a Series X so far, all websites are having meltdowns. All the bots must be buying them up as we speak.

ShopTo saying sold out even though for me the website completley crashed.
        Last edited by gambit6613; 22-09-2020, 07:13.

Comment

I got one at amazon, but I'm still trying on Microsoft as I have loads of store
          credit

Comment

Microsoft order in too

Comment

Got my order in, can't wait

Comment

Finally got an order in with Game and Amazon, hopefully one of these orders will come good. This was way more difficult than pre-ordering the PS5.

Comment

Congrats to those who got their pre-orders in

Comment

Microsoft store was getting smashed but I managed to snag the Series X from there. I was wracked with nerves as it was the only place I can order, having saved up £460 in credit... console has only really cost me about £320 overall!

Limit of 1 per customer across both SKUs so I have just managed to snag a Series S from Argos. Hopefully that comes through, I don't trust Argos but I tried Game and it wouldn't go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      Forza Horizon is a different beast to track racing sims like Forza Motorsport and Project Cars etc... The focus being on making sure the game world looks really nice, seeing you spend loads of time driving around the map. I guess it's easier in some ways, because you say "We've got this little game world to explore, so let's focus on making things look really attractive."

With a sim racer, you have a more advanced physics engine and all sorts of real world tracks to painstakingly create. It's obvious that creators of sims have really struggled with current gen tech, even if the games look quite a bit nicer than what we had last gen.

So I guess that Forza Horizon 5 will probably have nicer environment details and higher quality assets than any sim racer. It will be interesting to see if creators of racing sims manage to boost the sense of realism with more convincing lighting, and nicer looking assets and environmental effects. I think it's really important to boost the sense of reality more than just creating higher res textures in 4K. Just making everything look sharper won't satisfy me -- I want far more convincing environments to go alongside the attractive car models.
                      Yeah I know they're aiming for different things but I'm just saying FH has come a long way from being very restrictive on the 360 in the first outings to now being truly open world and a beautiful game to boot. It also has more destruction than FM but manages to eek out a solid 60fps in performance mode on the One X... it'll surely be 120fps on the Series X in November.

So with that all considered it should be amazing what they can do with FM in enclosed tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Microsoft store was getting smashed but I managed to snag the Series X from there. I was wracked with nerves as it was the only place I can order, having saved up £460 in credit... console has only really cost me about £320 overall!

Limit of 1 per customer across both SKUs so I have just managed to snag a Series S from Argos. Hopefully that comes through, I don't trust Argos but I tried Game and it wouldn't go through.
                        £460 in credit, NICE 😁

Comment

Where are the amazon pre orders?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            Sold out i guess at Amazon, same with ShopTo.

Comment

Eventually managed to order a Series X and S via the Microsoft store. Websites are struggling it seems. I was number 57000+ in the Currys queue!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                All over the shop mate, I gave up hunting for it and then found it later on. Here:

Edit: Only Series S left now it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X