Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't sweat it too much. The cross gen stuff will die down after a year or two and devs will start to take better advantage of the newer machines.

Comment

Cross gen is one thing, we saw the same games on PS3 & ps4 this gen and its not been a problem. Eventually the previous gen gets dropped.
      However, this gen we have a 4TF machine that's jogging along side, and it will want the same games as a 12TF machine for the rest of the life cycle.
      Do you make Halo for a 12TF machine and do your best to get it running on the 4TF or do you just max out the 4TF knowing your limiting the options you have but also knowing it will run perfectly on the 12TF?

Comment

I'm counting the days until my Series S arrives. This will be the first console I've ever got on launch day

Needing to download everything will dampen the mood a bit, but I haven't had an Xbox for ten years so I'm really looking forward to it. I've signed up to Game Pass Ultimate and I even bought Rockstar Table Tennis in the sales a few weeks back!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          I'm counting the days until my Series S arrives. This will be the first console I've ever got on launch day

Needing to download everything will dampen the mood a bit, but I haven't had an Xbox for ten years so I'm really looking forward to it. I've signed up to Game Pass Ultimate and I even bought Rockstar Table Tennis in the sales a few weeks back!
          Ha I have a 6 month Ultimate code ready to be activated. I was toying with the idea of activating it early Can you play content on your phone/tablet/laptop with xCloud?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Ha I have a 6 month Ultimate code ready to be activated. I was toying with the idea of activating it early Can you play content on your phone/tablet/laptop with xCloud?
            Only stuff that is on GamePass. You'll need a controller too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Do you make Halo for a 12TF machine and do your best to get it running on the 4TF or do you just max out the 4TF knowing your limiting the options you have but also knowing it will run perfectly on the 12TF?
              In exactly the same way people running GTX1660s don't drag down people running RTX3090s. The same way Xbox One S hasn't dragged down Xbox One X. The same way PS4 hasn't dragged down PS4 Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Cool. I gots a controller.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  And excellent eyesight for the tiny text if you're using a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    In exactly the same way people running GTX1660s don't drag down people running RTX3090s. The same way Xbox One S hasn't dragged down Xbox One X. The same way PS4 hasn't dragged down PS4 Pro.
                    It hasn't dragged it down, but I don't think the OneX really got utilised properly. If you made a game just for the OneX, maxing it out, you might see some nice graphics and even gameplay choices we haven't had. And that's my only concern. Will the SeriesX get utilised properly or will it forever be held back slightly.
                    I don't know the answer, I'm just throwing it around.

Comment

A dev engine guy has a look at some Dirt 5 Series X footage and says some words that are mostly negative. Does he have a point though? This could be a current-gen game.

Comment

No, looks like he's looking at the high frame rate mode that cuts down on the detail. The DF vid shows the different modes and the LoD in the quality mode has a far larger draw distance than this guy is making it out to be. You have to wonder why.

It clearly doesn't look like a mobile game, that's just stupid

Last edited by MartyG; 15-10-2020, 10:42.

Comment

I mean, yeah. You can see why they could get that one running at 120fps.

Kind of reminds me of something like Ridge 6/7 at the 360/PS3 launches respectively. Brilliant games, obviously, but they looked like uprezzed PS2 games and that's kinda what they were.

This stuff will all settle as the gen goes on. It's not reflective of what the Series S/X will eventually achieve.

Comment

Teddy already answered this, and xCloud won't hit Japan until next year

Comment

That Dev guy loves to kick the boot in on Xbox at the moment... Just watch the Digital Foundry content instead they go through all the modes and the sacrifices made to reach the higher frame rates.

"is this a mobile game?" talk about click bait crap.

Comment

The Series S won't be a bottleneck for the higher spec console versions will it?
                                I wouldn't worry about that until you start seeing games at 900p/sub-30fps on the Series X (likely never).

Comment

Working...
                                X