This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Wasn't the opinion a couple of weeks ago that nobody was going to buy Halo Infinite anyway as it looked like an Xbox 360 game? So it's not going to make any difference to sales if it's delayed.
    But, because of "GamePass GamePass GamePass" you wouldn't have to buy it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      At least Facetime is encrypted end to end. Zoom is too iffy for a lot of companies to use.
      I was going to say, I like nothing more than having a nice face-to-face over Zoom with my Gran until some rightwing Nazi dickhead logs in and starts waving his todger about!!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        At least Facetime is encrypted end to end. Zoom is too iffy for a lot of companies to use.
        Well unless you're planning a terrorist attack, I don't see the big fuzz over encryption over things like messager, whats App TBH. Not a fan of video conferencing either and must be the only one who doesn't use TikTok or Snapchat (well other than Tony Pulis)

Don't think I ever used Skype video on the One/Kinect either

Comment

Hot Fuzz?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              With the pandemic its amazing anything is getting launched this year. I can't imagine the monumental effort being put in by developers in this difficult time. Also, Sony are not out of the woods, they could easily announce a delay for one of their games too.
              Trouble with MS is that they were the first to announce a new console almost a year ago and they will be coming out of the gates like a wet fart. It's embarrassing.
              Perhaps without realising it Sony were smart here what with Spiderman MM essentially having a shorter Dec cycle what with it reusing the PS4 engine and assets.

At least it would seem that is definitely hitting launch window without issue. What else is "definitely" coming to PS5 launch? Godfall?

On the Xbox side of things I would imagine in a similar vein to Miles Morales the Gears Tactics game currently only on PC will be an easy enough port to be day one one Series X... I would assume even without polish they could just get it running PC ultra settings and it's done?

I've not played it on PC but it was well received though I'm not sure how well controller setup is in that game. That at least is a "new to consoles" game... And one from a known MS franchise.

Let's be honest, for most people it's all about Cyberpunk right now... So anything launching day one is going to be slightly overlooked.

If I was MS I would seriously consider if Halo isn't launching to at least make the reported Beta that was planned for multiplayer a free inclusion for XSX buyers.

It might only be a beta, it might be unfinished and perhaps a single map but get something out that is playable for early adopters.

Comment

Halo Infinite should of been done a year ago already and should of been in a year of testing and polish, they’ve had long enough and more than enough people to do the job right.

My guess is what they showed was literally it, thats all they have and have been trying to make a game out of it for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Halo Infinite should of been done a year ago already and should of been in a year of testing and polish, they’ve had long enough and more than enough people to do the job right.

My guess is what they showed was literally it, thats all they have and have been trying to make a game out of it for some time.
                  What 9 minutes of gameplay on an enclosed map? Don't talk bollocks now.

The game has clearly had issues but given its metroidvania style open world built on a new engine you'd appreciate there's a long dev time and a lot of moving parts... Especially when this series is known for campaign, co-op, multiplayer and forge editing...

The scale of the project is obviously massive and the fact it's a platform for future content means they're thinking past this release as well.

It's fair to say they've bitten off alot here and I'm sure they've stumbled along and this year's disruption has scuppered them worse than anything else... But to think MS would let them go several years into a project and deliver nothing is crap.

Comment

If I were Microsoft, I'd try to get CD Projekt RED to make an exclusive, 'day one' patch that enhanced Cyberpunk 2077 on the Xbox Series X.

The two companies seem to have a close working relationship and it's one of 2020's most anticipated games. Seeing as its release date is close to the console's launch, Microsoft's marketing team could borrow some of its thunder and spin it as a 'quasi-launch title' that is 'better on Xbox Series X'.

Comment

They should have done that long ago. CDPR are probably too busy with pre-launch in general by now, and in no position to entertain any outside requests.

Comment

They introduce it with a video and the guy/girl says "...and the wonderful thing about it? You already have it. Just whisper the following into your Kinect...... ENHANCE!".... cue hi-tech synth arpeggiation music and cutscene of transformations and resolutions/textures becoming so vivid.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                          If I were Microsoft, I'd try to get CD Projekt RED to make an exclusive, 'day one' patch that enhanced Cyberpunk 2077 on the Xbox Series X.

The two companies seem to have a close working relationship and it's one of 2020's most anticipated games. Seeing as its release date is close to the console's launch, Microsoft's marketing team could borrow some of its thunder and spin it as a 'quasi-launch title' that is 'better on Xbox Series X'.
                          It seems cyberpunk will actually be marketed alongside Xbox Series X at launch so who knows... They already had Keanu Reeves at MS E3 and the One X special edition console so anything can happen... Especially the way this year is going.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            It seems cyberpunk will actually be marketed alongside Xbox Series X at launch so who knows... They already had Keanu Reeves at MS E3 and the One X special edition console so anything can happen... Especially the way this year is going.
                            Yeah, Ms have the marketing deal for this one,
                            Which is why it supports smart delivery etc.

It’s said that Microsoft might open their wallet in order
                            To have this included with game pass

Comment

Digital Foundry discusses Halo: Infinite's delay and how to come back from it, a fair bit of time is spent on the long debated notion that the Xbox One is a millstone around Series X's neck for software development.

Comment

Marketing for Cyberpunk would be good in the same way that Sony pulls the strings these days for CoD but I guess in the end, even if next week MS turns up at CDProjekts offices with a truck of money they are leaving the devs with around 6 weeks at best to focus on an unplanned (in that timeframe) patch for the game. Even if they pull that off it's a big game but it's still consumers paying money for a game with the words Xbox One on the box and also ultimately one that is available to play on PS5 regardless.

It's the same with paying them for it to be on Game Pass, it would be the peak of insanity for the CDProjekt to take up a deal like that unless MS was willing to sink a staggering sum and even then the game isn't just a big release, it's the first anticipated title in a brand new IP they hope to foster to success in the coming decades. Throttling its audience size so extremely severely would be a terrible move for CDProjekt that I'd be amazed if they considered for five minutes.

I think the idea of leveraging Cyberpunk for Series X more so shows how desperate the system now finds its launch situation to be. Stewing on it for a day I'm beginning to think that - to be honest - in an ideal world Series X would be delayed into deep 2021. All the cards are against it and releasing it simply to match Sony isn't a battle worth losing the war for, sure a delay would likely cement the system lost to PS5 but if it's lining up that way anyway they could still pull a better result out the bag by taking time and launching the system on timing that is right for them, right for the system, right for the software and right for the market conditions they find themselves in.

Comment

Working...
                                X